Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No data on chart with IB

Hello,

Today i have purchased the lifetime package and got my license key. I updated it and followed the tutorial regarding setting up ninjatrader8 to work with interactive brokers. The connection that i am trying to use is with IB gateway. After adding the account with my credentials i can connect to the account and i can see my balance.

In the logs however i see an error:
    Instrument ES 09-21 Globex is not enabled to receive real-time data. Please add the instrument to your IB account data subscriptions. Error: 'Requested market data is not subscribed.Delayed market data is available.Error&GLOBEX/FUT/Top&GLOBEX/FUT/Top'
    On my IBKR account i have futures trading enabled.
    When i try to create a new chart with futures and ES mini the chart opens but its not ticking, like there is no live data comming thru.

All the settings is as per the tutorial on the ninja trader website.

Some help would be much appreciated to get it working.

Many thanks,
    Laszlo

Hello Laszlo,

Thank you for your inquiry.

That messages means that you are not subscribed to real-time data for that exchange. The Interactive Brokers API in NinjaTrader requires a subscription to real-time data, and would not be compatible with delayed data. To resolve this, you need to go into your Interactive Brokers subscription manager and subscribe to Globex data. More information about subscribing to markets from Interactive Brokers may be found publicly at the link below;

Additionally, once you are properly enabled, please note that Interactive Brokers' historical data requests can be really tricky when compared to a more specialized data provider. If you request too much data at any time, your connection may get throttled and load very slowly or it may not load at all until the historical data request is canceled. These are limitations that are not possible to overcome. I'd suggest reading through the historical data limitations that can be viewed publicly on the TWS website at the link below;

https://interactivebrokers.github.io...mitations.html

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Zachary for your answer.

I dont like slow data or lagging when trading.
      What are my other options. What do you recommend?

Comment

Kinetick or IQFeed.

Comment

Thank you bltdavid for your asnwer.

What is not clear is that can i use separate data provider like Kinetick and still use interactive brokers with IB gateway to place trades ?

Comment

Hello trix87,

Thank you for your reply.

You may view a list of all of our supported data providers from the link below;

NinjaTrader supports multiple futures market data and brokers providing access to trade futures, stocks, and more. Download NinjaTrader for FREE to get started!

While I wouldn't have a specific recommendation, as bltdavid mentions, IQFeed and Kinetick both support all of the same instrument classes as Interactive Brokers. You may view a detailed breakdown of the various instrument classes supported by each connection at the link below;

If you have any specific questions about the various exchange that specific providers support, feel free reach out to platformsales(at)ninjatrader(dot)com.

As far as the technical aspects of whether you can connect to both Interactive Brokers as well as a dedicated data provider, this is absolutely possible. For additional information about utilizing multiple connections, please see the link below;

Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks all for the help!

I have managed to set up the connection to the data feed via kinetick and its working.

Cheers.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes