Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Unable to get Live Data from Interactive Brokers using NT8 suddenly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to get Live Data from Interactive Brokers using NT8 suddenly.

Hi All,
    I have been using NT8 with Interactive Brokers as Data Provider for many many years. All was fine till yest. Starting today, I do not get any LIVE DATA updates in my NT8 charts for NQM8.
    I was on call with Interactive Brokers for more than an hour. They said "It looks like the option to keepUpToDate is false at the moment. So you would just need to change that parameter, and then you should see data continually coming through".

I asked him "keepUpToDate parameter where?". He said "In your Ninjatrader API request to IB, it is coming as FALSE. ". I said "I don't make any API calls myself".
    He said "I am not familiar with Ninjatrader Tool. You would need to contact their Platform Support".

Can anyone please help me?

Where in NT8 is a parameter to set called "keepUpToDate" ?. I have no clue.

Sudharsanv

Hello Sudharsanv,

Thank you for your inquiry.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
    • What build of TWS or IB Gateway do you currently use? This can be found in TWS by selecting Help > About Trader Workstation
    • Do you receive an error on screen in NinjaTrader? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    I look forward to your reply.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Zachary,

I am using NinjaTrader LATEST version : 8.0.24.3 64-bit
      I am using TWS Build Version : Build 10.10.2f, Aug 24, 2021 12:39:44 PM
      No errors on screen in NinjaTrader. No errors on the Log Tab of the Control Center either.

If I say "Reload All Historical Order" it updates chart and brings all data back but no LIVE UPDATES after that.

Sudharsanv

Comment

Hello Sudharsanv,

Thank you for your reply.

That build of TWS is not compatible with NinjaTrader, which is the source of the issue that you are experiencing. You will need to uninstall the release of TWS that you are currently using and downgrade to the supported build of TWS (985.1g). You may download the supported version of TWS from the link below;After downgrading TWS, this issue should no longer occur.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello Zachary,

Thank you so much.

The Link you provided leads to TWS 985.1G install and the problem went away after installing.

But it could reoccur again ANY DAY I am told as TWS auto-updates. Again I have to remove & re-install.

Do you have the link for TWS OFFLINE for version 985.1g?

That way, I stand a better chance of TWS auto-updating ( no guarentees I agree)

Sudharsanv

Comment

Hello Sudharsanv,

Thank you for your reply.

The version that is available at the link that I provided does not auto update. While we had initially provided a download of the same build that did, we had our developers change this to avoid the problem that you describe.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further in the future.

Comment

Hi Zachary,

I just read this thread and realised that there was a new version of TWS available for NT8 (885.1G) but there is no update for NT7. I need to run both NT7 and NT8. Should I stick to TWS 978.2c?

Regards
              Kay Wai

Comment

Hello kaywai,

Thank you for your inquiry.

You may have both 985.1g and 978.2c installed. You'd just want to make sure that the port being used in each respective version matches it's corresponding installation of NinjaTrader. For instance, I'd want to make sure that NinjaTrader 8 & TWS 985.1g are both set to use port 7496, and NinjaTrader 7 & TWS 978.2c are set to use port 7497 to ensure that they are each connecting with the correct version. You may read more about using multiple instance of TWS from the publicly available link below;

Alternately, you could install and use IB Gateway 981.3c to connect in NinjaTrader 8 and TWS 978.2c to connect in NinjaTrader 7.

Comment

Hi Zachary,

Thanks for that! I wasn't sure that I could run two different versions of TWS at the same time and it would require logging in twice.

Regards
                  Kay Wai

Comment

Hi all,

Previous workaround worked well but now we are forced to upgrade TWS due to Log4j:

"We are contacting you because you or one of your sub-accounts has logged in to our systems during the past 7 days using an older version of the Trader Workstation that is still not patched against a global vulnerability in Apache's Log4j software library, commonly known as “Log4Shell". "

Looking at https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide ninjatrader is still having TWS 985.1g as supported version. Is Ninjatrader working for an update on this?

Regards,
                    Jaap

Comment

Hello Jaapt,

Thanks for the post.

At this time we have not thoroughly tested newer versions of TWS so cannot confirm if they will work as expected with NinjaTrader 8. That is not to say that you would be unable to connect with a newer version of TWS, just that we could not confirm the stability.

Unfortunately at this time we would not have a resolution for this item, except to use the supported version, TWS 985.1g, until the discontinuation date next week.

Our development team is aware of the information you provided regarding the discontinuation of the currently supported version of TWS and is investigating if it would be feasible to officially support a newer version for use in NinjaTrader 8. In the meantime, you are certainly free to try connect with the newer version while we conduct testing on our end, although as mentioned above we cannot confirm its stability.

Thank you for your patience as we investigate this item.
                      Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for your patience while we investigated this item.

Interactive Brokers has provided patched versions of their Trader Workstation and Gateway software to eliminate the log4j vulnerability. We've tested 981.3g to ensure it maintains all functionality within NinjaTrader, and have confirmed that it does. The download links can be found in our connection guide below:Please ensure you're using these specific versions (981.3g) of either TWS or IB Gateway as soon as possible.

Comment

Thanks Melissa,

This version works well for me now,

Regards,
                          Jaap

Comment

Hi,
                            have some trouble. If i use NT7 data from IB is working normal. When i use NT8 data is loading incredible long or never. I bought life-time licence NT8 and it is unusable. I tried Ib gateway 981, TWS 981 or some others and everytime it same problem. Can you help me?

Comment

Hello LuckyChillda,

Thanks for the post.

As this is a separate item from the one discussed in the current forum thread, please contact us directly for support with this item. The easiest way to do so would be to send us an email directly from your platform, as this will include your platform's diagnostic files which will help give us an understanding of potential causes for this behavior.

You may do so by going to Help->Email Support from the NinjaTrader 8 Control Center. Please include a brief description of your inquiry in the text of the message, as you did here.

We look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ScottWalsh  
                              Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes