Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price format in chart on y-scale

Hello,
    I have a basic question using NT8 (8.0.24.3 64-bit). When I create a new chart (Control Center -> New -> Chart) with a future (e.g. CT 12-21), the price information shown on the y-scale seems to be in US cents (e.g. 94,16) and not in US dollars (e.g. 0,9416), different from the official price notation on the CME website, showing USD (e.g. 0,9416).

Where can I change/setup the price format in NT8?

Many thanks in advance.
    Matthias

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

This would require altering the Tick Size of the instrument you are viewing by going to the NinjaTrader Control Center > Tools > Instrument Manager > search for the instrument you wish to alter > double click on the instrument on the search results to open the Instrument Editor > once the Instrument Editor opens you can adjust the Tick Size in the Definition tab > OK.

For information on the Instrument Editor please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nstruments.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Marco,
      thanks for your prompt reply.
      Using NT8, do you mean the menu Tools -> Instruments -> double click on the respective future -> properties -> fields "point value" and "tick size"? How do I achieve for the CT (cotton) future to have the y-scale showing USD (e.g. 0,9416) instead of cents (e.g. 94,16)?

Regards
      Matthias

Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply and that clarification.

In this particular case, this is because there are two separate Cotton futures, Cotton 1 (TT) and cotton 2 (CT). CT is displaying the price as expected when looking at this instrument. The publicly available link for this instrument is below:

Contract calls for physical delivery of cotton of certain minimum standards of basis grade and staple length.

The data for the CME instrument is the Cotton 1 future, which is the sub dollar contract and where the discrepancy is being seen between the two instruments.

If you have any further NinjaTrader inquiries we may assist with, please don't hesitate to ask.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Marco; 08-27-2021, 06:45 AM.
        Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Marco,
          of course you are right. I just realized the difference between the two cotton-contracts (CME and ICE). Thanks for your clarification!
          Regards
          Matthias

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
          Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
          2 responses