Disable EOD Trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disable EOD Trading

i have an ATM set for futures. ie. the CL and the trade exited at the session close. (not happy) How can i insure the trade exits on my price target and NOT session close.

Hello hdge4u,

Thanks for writing in.

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

If your trades are with NinjaTrader Brokerage, you can contact NinjaTrader Brokerage Order Desk here:
    • Email: orders(at)ninjatrader(dot)com
    First and foremost, if these were live orders, you need to contact your broker's Order Desk. It could be that this position was not liquidated by anything within the platform. A different amount of margin is required to hold positions through more than the intraday session, and you will need to know if you have the requisite amount of margin to be able to do that. If NinjaTrader is your brokerage, please contact the Order Desk directly at the email address above. This will also allow you to confirm the reason that your position was closed.

Additionally, if you want your orders to remain valid indefinitely, make sure that you have 'GTC' selected as the 'TIF' for your orders. 'GTC' stands for 'Good til Canceled'. You may read more about Time in Force at the following link;

NinjaTrader is a leading futures broker & trading platform provider with deep discount commissions as low as $.09 per Micro contract. Start your FREE demo powered by live data.

Lastly, make sure that you do not have an 'Auto close' behavior defined in the platform. This is located at Control Center > Tools > Options > Trading. You may read more about the 'Auto close' feature at the link below;

Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

it was simulated to test before going live.
      the ATM is GTC
      the trading option has auto fill unchecked.
      please direct me on the log for me to send if you need it.

Comment

EOD exit on GTC Sim Position
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3247755

We look forward to resolving your inquiry.
          Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

log and trade sent

Comment

please advise

Comment

Hello hdge4u,

Thank you for your reply.

If you have not yet received a response via email (it would go to the email address that you provided in the email form in the platform), please resend your log and trace files using the steps below;

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3247755

Additionally, please be sure to send the order ID, time, and date of the order so that we expedite the process of locating the order in your diagnostic files.

Comment

I have the same issue as this person regarding the session.

In Strategy Analyzer properties, I set trading hours to cryptocurrency, and disable "Break at EOD" (unchecked).
                  I use Coinbase account for simulation trading. The existing trade positions are closed at end of session as shown in the picture.

See the screenshot for your review.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	EODBreak-Coinbase.PNG
Views:	166
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	1176059

Comment

Hello nothingbutprofits,

Thank you for your post.

I'd be happy to assist but will need to review your log and trace files to better understand what is occurring. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3247755 Attn Zachary

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post
                      Hello nothingbutprofits,

Thank you for your post.

I'd be happy to assist but will need to review your log and trace files to better understand what is occurring. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3247755 Attn Zachary

Thank you for your offer.

After fiddling with Time Frame > Trading Hours, I selected "Default 24 x 7) and finally see that there are no "auto session close" while running the strategies.

Thanks for your assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Sam2515
                      by Sam2515

Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                      15 responses