Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System / charts lagging - any advice?

Hello guys,

I have a lifetime license currently trading through NT Clearing. I moved to a new apartment a few weeks ago and because of the location of the router I'm now trading through wireless wi-fi. I've done some tests on latency and packet loss using www.packetlosstest.com and have been told by other traders that my result should be pretty good and no worries trading through a wi-fi connection. I'm attaching it.

However, I'm experiences issues...

Basically, my system seems to be lagging a bit and the charts seems to be just slightly slower than they should be. This includes a volume chart of which I'm using one and also my 1-minute time based chart.

For example yesterday - I had one stop loss order triggered (I could hear the trigger sound) and I saw on my chart that the price had not printed yet. So, definitely some lag.

I'm attaching a packet loss test I did just now while experiencing this lag.

Also, I'm checking my system resources and what I see is that my system should have plenty of extra capacity all across the board (processor, memory, GPU).

As I'm day trading - this is obviously a big problem for me and I need to sort it out somehow.

Thanks in advance.

Johnny

Attached Files

The new internet connection is suspicious, but I did experience this issue a few times earlier in my old apartment with a very fast cable connection, too.

Comment

Hello Johnny,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post. In your response, please also include 'ATTN Justin' in the subject line so it arrives in my inbox.

Follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
      - Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
      - Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
      - Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
      - Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thank you in advance for these files. I look forward to assisting you further. 
      Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JustinD View Post
        Hello Johnny,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post. In your response, please also include 'ATTN Justin' in the subject line so it arrives in my inbox.

Follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
        - Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        - Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        - Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        - Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thank you in advance for these files. I look forward to assisting you further. 
        Thank you, Justin! You got mail!

Comment

Any other users experienced something similar?

Comment

Hello guys,

This continue to be a problem, but not consistently so. I would greatly appreciate it if other users could comment.

It is POSSIBLE that it's my internet connection that's having issues, but I'm not quite conviced that's it.

I see a related complaint here:

Hi, I have been running side by side charts with various other charting software, Web and windows based programs, and I have noticed that there is a delay against all other charting programs I have tried. For NT8 I have a chart with no indicators, on default settings. The other platforms are charting faster. It cant be more

Comment

Some of the comments relate to refresh speed and I have considered if maybe the market is simply moving TOO FAST during the RTH Open on e-mini S&P 500. However, I have traded some ultra-fast periods mid-day where the charts seems to flow smoothly even when very fast. Typically during a FED Release or similar.

There was also a very fast price move on Thursday afternoon I believe where my charts were pretty smooth.

On the times I've had issues it's usually been on the market open (09:30).

Thank to anyone for any advice here.

Johnny

Comment

Hello Johnny,

Thank you for your response.

Just to confirm, have you written into our main support email with your log and trace files yet? The behavior you are describing is known as rendering delay, meaning that your charts are printing too much information and cannot keep up with the current price. This can be exaggerated during periods of high volatility like during the market open as you describe, however, the troubleshooting process may often require information and screenshots that can include personal information, so we do not like to troubleshoot this on our public forums.

I look forward to your response.
                Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello again,

No issues last week.

Johnny

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                  0 responses