Connection Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection Lost

Simple Question - How do I configure the time-out period, for connection lost? Thanks,

Hello timmbbo,

Thank you for your post.

To clarify, are you referring to just a general connection or a time-out period for an automated strategy?

Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm not sure. At night, I set up and enable my strategies, but when I wake up in the morning, the strategies are no longer enabled. I look in the log to error message, "Connection lost". So, I want my strategies to stay enabled, even in case of lost connection, for an extended period of time. Thanks.

Comment

Hello timmbbo,

Thank you for your post.

You can adjust your 'On connection loss' settings in the Tools > Options > Strategies menu. Here is the Understanding NinjaScript properties help guide to explain these settings. You can try using the Keep Running option as this will keep the strategy running and logs the disconnection. When the connection is reestablished, the strategy will resume as if no disconnection occurred.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...riptProperties

Also, It is not recommended to allow your PC to sleep or hibernate while NinjaTrader is in use. NinjaTrader is not designed to run in these states. NinjaTrader will not function properly when your computer is allowed to sleep or hibernate.

If your PC has sleep or hibernate enabled. You could try and disable the sleep function on your system. Please check your power settings for your PC to verify that your PC monitor and drives do not sleep, hibernate or shut down.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
        Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aussugardefender  
        Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
        14 responses
        0 likes