Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IBKR and NT7 & NT8

Hi,

I've been using TWS 978.2c with both NT7 and NT8 for some time now.

Supported TWS version for NT8 was recently upgraded to 985.1G. I need to run NT7 and NT8 together as I have quite a few indicators on NT7 that I still use but 1) NT7 is not supported on TWS 985.1G and 2) I can't run 2 TWS versions - 978.2c and 985.1G - concurrently either on one or two PCs as one of the versions will log out.

Do you have any solution for this?

Regards

Kay Wai

Hello kaywai,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, we do not have any resources that explain how to run 2 instances of 2 TWS versions concurrently. However, IB should have an answer for this inquiry.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Shawn,
      Perhaps an update to NT7 would help.

Regards
      Kay Wai

Comment

Hello kaywai,

Thank you for your post.

As the limitation with this connection is coming from the TWS application itself we would not be able to assist with this through an update to the NinjaTrader application.

Additionally please note that all new features are being implemented on the latest version of the application which would be NinjaTrader 8, there are no additional features being added to NinjaTrader 7.

Please reach out to Interactive Brokers directly for more information regarding this limitation in TWS.
        Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Heath,

Thank you for your reply.

While the new features are for NT8 and an update for NT8 was made, are you saying that because there were no additional features for NT7, there will not be an update for NT7? The next question would then be is whether NT7 can be used safely with TWS 985.1G? If not, the update then should come from NinjaTrader, no? If not, I can't run 985.1G safely and will have to stick to 978.2c.

As for Interactive Brokers (IB), I can understand for security purposes they wouldn't allow multiple logins concurrently for different version of TWS. But if you are using a single version of TWS, they have no issues allowing you to login with both NT7 and NT8.

As it is Labour Day, I'm waiting for a reply from IB.

Between the two firms, both sides are usually telling me to ask the other side when there is an issue or a query. This is most frustrating.

Regards
          Kay Wai

Comment

Hello Kaywai,

Thank you for your post.

Supported versions for NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 do differ, you would need to be able to run 2 versions of TWS in order to connect in NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8.

You'll need to discuss this with your broker directly to determine how to get a second login to your account if possible to log in on 2 versions of TWS at once.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
            Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
            24 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post spwizard  
            Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes