Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Order Type

Hello,
    I have a problem with an automatic trading strategy.
    Everything actually works up to the point where a position is flipped. The order is first not accepted, then it is often executed twice.

so a long position is closed (sell), sell order is set but not executed, then the order is executed twice and the strategy does not work anymore because the position size is not correct.

I have attached a screenshot of the log and 2 examples of a correct, normal execution and a wrong execution. Normally only one order would be opened in one direction, but on the picture you can see how 2 orders were opened.
    Attached Files

Hello Ahnnn,

Thank you for your post.

Can you clarify if this is a strategy you made yourself or one you purchased from a third party?

Thank you I'll await your reply.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,
      its purchased from a third party.

Comment

Hello AHNNN,

Thank you for clarifying.

This sound like it is potentially a problem with how the strategy is coded. If you are using OnEachTick processing you may try using OnBarClose to see if it relates to how the script is intended to process.
        This would otherwise be a question that you will need to review with the third party to check that all settings you are using are correct for how the script is intended to be used. They can otherwise confirm if this is a problem in the script that may need reviewed. You may need to give some details on how you are using the script and also the settings you used.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

at the moment default setting is on bar close

i will try with with on each tick then first to check if its better?

its a renko chart, so its maybe difficult to calculate on bar close?

Comment

Hello AHNNN,

Yes that could also relate, you may want to try on Minute or Tick type bars and see if the strategy behaves correctly. Some of the special bars types like renko can perform differently because of how their bars build so it is possible the strategy has not accounted for that bars type in its logic.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.

Comment

Hi Jesse,
              I tried some settings with the Script but the problems are the same ..
              On Sim Account I don´t have any issues, but on Live Account on the point where the script is turning a position from Long to Short or Short to Long is has the Problems (tested different Accounts, different Datafeed but same Problems).
              So maybe its a Problem with much Traffic/Markt Order?

I contacted the programmer, so he asked his contact on ninja what to do. They wanted to have the log and Trace files, so I send them. This was 2 weeks ago but no answer until now.

Can I send you the files directly maybe to watch what is happening on these orders?

Comment

Hello AHNNN,

If your programmer has a ticket open already it would be good to just try and keep that going, did the developer send you the reply from our support? If so it would have a ticket ID in the subject, from that ID we could re open the ticket and view what had been done already.

The log and trace file would generally just show us if there are any errors happening, if the strategy physically enabled and just didnt trade there likely won't be any indication in the log of that.

I would suggest to reach out to the developer and try to get the ticket ID so we can review that.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Hi,
                  no i didn´t get a reply yet. I send the files on 22nd September to the developer, so I thought the support maybe has an answer what to do. The developer told me he has no answer yet.

Comment

Hello AHNNN,

Our support generally replies back the same day Monday -Friday, if it has been some time since you contacted the developer I would suggest to reach out again and verify if they had worked with our support yet. You can ask for the ticket ID and then we could review that for you.

If they have not received a reply that may be due to their email settings or it may have gone to their junk folder. If they can't find a email back from us you could also initiate a support ticket by emailing scriptingsupport[at]ninjnatrader.com and include the details that you are starting a ticket for your developer. You would want to CC their email along with that.

In general this is a situation which the developer of that script would need to look into so checking in with the developer again will be the next best step.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post fitspressoburnfat  
                    Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes