Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Recommended Windows VPS for NinjaTrader 8. For $7-$12 /month. PiVPS? CheapWindowsVPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended Windows VPS for NinjaTrader 8. For $7-$12 /month. PiVPS? CheapWindowsVPS?

Hello everybody!

This thread is to know the experience and the feedback for other NinjaTrader users about using VPS Services:

I’m starting to do a search for US location Windows VPS services with the best price-reliability ratio, to run NinjaTrader 8 and/or NinjaTrader 7, maybe both at the same time but depending about if the RAM size allows to run these 2 instances. And if not then only 1 single instance.

Actually I'm using for make some tests a local Virtual Machine with Windows 10, running ONLY NT8 with the next opened, all at the same time:
    - 24 opened charts
    - 2 strategies Enabled
    - 1 Market Analyzer Window
    - 1 Strategy Analyzer Window (actually not doing any Backtesting or Optimization)
    - 1 Strategy Performance Window
    And the Task Manager is showing that everyting that is running is only taking around 2.2GB of RAM, and as reference, in the VPS I only need to have opened:
    - 3 charts and 2 strategies (if only running NT8)
    - Or only as a possibility and if the RAM size allows to also run NT7, then also 8 charts and 2 strategies in NT7 simultaneously, but in the end I think maybe the best could be to have the NT7 instance in another separate VPS and done, even with another VPS company, just in extreme cases one gets down then the other could be up.

As the VPS is to run NinjaTrader for US Futures Trading (CME etc.) then the best situation could be they are located in NY or Chicago (in Chicago even better because is near to the Exchange)

Some persons have recommended me PiVPS that has “pure SSD” storage (prices here https://portal.pivps.com/store/windows-kvm-ssd-vps), and also searching in non-trading forums I see others alternatives but no personal reference for the up-time, connection stability or connection ping/lag. However some of them I’ve found with a “good” monthly price are:

CheapWindowsVPS

- 2 Intel CPU Cores @2.0 GHZ+,
    - 4 GB Guaranteed Memory
    - 60 GB Solid State Drive Space*
    - Unmetered Bandwidth
    - Shared 1 Gbps Network Port
    - Windows 10 Professional
    - Remote Desktop or SSH Access
    - For $9.00 /month

RouterHosting
    Instant Windows VPS ⭐ Cheap KVM VPS 24/7 online ✅FREE setup & DDoS protection ⭐15 different location✅Pay with BTC, Credit Card, etc.

- 2vCPU, 2GB RAM, 30GB NVMe/SSD Storage, 3TB Bandwidth, 1Gbps Connection, for $7 .95 /month
    - 2vCPU, 4GB RAM, 60GB NVMe/SSD Storage, 5TB Bandwidth, 1Gbps Connection, for $14 .95 /month

PiVPS

- 1vCPU Xeon E5
    - 1.8 GB RAM
    - 25 GB Pure SSD Storage
    - 1,500GB Data Transfer Monthly
    - 1Gbps Bandwidth Connection
    - Instant Setup & Delivery
    - Full Administrator Access Account
    - FREE 1 Dedicated IPv4
    - For $9.99 USD

As reference, the persons who recommended me PiVPS say that they are working with them since around 2019 running NT7 with 8 charts and 2 strategies Enabled at the same time.

But for example, If CheapWindowsVPS is stable and reliable then it seems to be a good alternative, with around twice computing power than PiVPS and with a similar monthly price.

I know maybe some of you could recommend one of those solid companies with a VPS that cost $50-$80 per month but actually I’m starting in SIM-trading and can’t pay those high rates, even more when I have reference from at least 4 different persons about PiVPS and its VPS for a $9.99/month cost.

So please let me know about your experience with the low-cost VPS services you use (any other than the listed here), about the prices per month, and of course, if someone here has used or is using any of these 3 services I mention here, then please provide your feedback with as much details as you want.

Thank you for any information, any detail and any alternative

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post LawrenHom  
Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post love2code2trade