Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Hotkey to Place ATM Stop Limit Orders in Chart Trader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotkey to Place ATM Stop Limit Orders in Chart Trader?

NOOB here. I've spent a long time searching and reading but all the posts I find are 4+ yrs old. I'm hoping there's a method that works now...

I'm looking to use a hotkey (or something just as quick/easy) to place an ATM stop limit order via chart trader (I don't like SuperDOM). I've seen videos of people doing it- they must use a hotkey, and then click on the chart where they want the order to be placed. Is there a way to do this without custom scripting?
    Thank you!

Hello Chapter7,

Thank you for your message.

To place all different order types in the SuperDOM, you may use the following shortcuts:
    • Limit orders are placed using the left mouse button
    • MIT orders are placed using the Ctrl key + left mouse button
    • Stop-market orders are placed using the Ctrl key and middle mouse button
    • Stop-limit orders are placed using the middle mouse button
    If you would like, you may switch the button combinations for Limit orders and MIT orders, as well as Stop-market and Stop-Limit orders, from the SuperDOM Properties window.

NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide — SuperDOM Order Entry

For ATM Strategies though, you will need to have a strategy selected before placing your Entry order for that trade. Once the Entry order fills, your Stop Loss and Profit Target orders will be submitted automatically. Please note that ATM Strategies submit Stop Market orders for Stop Loss by default, not Stop Limit orders.

These orders guarantee a fill to end the trade no matter the volatility of the market once touched. You may use Stop Limit orders for Stop Loss in ATM Strategies, but they do carry the risk of not getting Filled and being passed in a fast-moving market as they will only fill at your selected stop price or better. Here is a full overview of ATM Strategies, for extra reference:

ATM Strategies Overview

ATM Strategies will allow you to have Stop Loss and Profit Target order automatically placed once an Entry order Fills.
    These orders will act as OCO (One Cancels the Other) orders, meaning that once either your Profit Target or Stop Loss order(s) are filled, the other will be automatically canceled.

We always recommend practicing your ATM Strategies with the Sim101 account to ensure that they behave how you are expecting. Connecting to the Simulated Data Feed will allow you to Trend the market in a chosen direction to quickly test these strategies as well.

NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide Links, for your reference:

ATM Strategy Parameters
    Manage ATM Strategy Templates
    Simulated Data Feed
    Stop Strategy — Auto Trail Parameters

I have also provided a couple of free, publicly available links below to a couple of recorded ATM Strategy webinars from our Youtube Channel.

These videos go through full walkthroughs of ATM Strategies and Stop Strategies, and are a great way to get familiar with every option they offer in NinjaTrader 8.

I highly recommend watching and following along with the examples of these videos in your own platform as they are also the way I learned to do them when I first began providing support for NinjaTrader.

NinjaTrader Youtube — ATM 201: ATM Strategy Basics

NinjaTrader Youtube — ATM 301: ATM Strategy Advanced

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the reply- but do I HAVE TO use SuperDOM? Isn't there a way to click on the chart, in the price level I want the order placed, WITHOUT doing a right click and finding it in the sub-menu?

Comment

Hello Chapter7,

Thank you for your response.

For placing orders on the Chart/Chart Trader, it will only be possible to place an order at a specific price using the right-click menu on the chart. All other Chart Trader options will be the buttons shown on the Chart Trader itself. For single-click order shortcuts at specific prices, the SuperDOM will be the only window that does this.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
        Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bummer. That seems to be a critical feature that many traders want. Thank you for your time!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by wzgy0920, Today, 09:53 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post wzgy0920