X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator Missing After "Duplicate" a Chart, Tried "Template" As Well

Hello,

Hope you're doing good!

The StochRSIMod indicator draws arrows on the chart when the StochRSI crosses above or below the 20/80 overbought/oversold lines in the indicator panel. Update 9/20/2021 Fixed a serialization issue that prevented the indicator from being saved to a chart template or duplicated in another chart window.

I've installed the indicator above and it works fine on the chart after the installation. However, when I duplicate the chart, it's the only indicator that is missing from the new chart. I tried to save it as a chart template as well, but that didn't work either. I would have to add it back manually on each chart to get it to show again. It would've been okay like that too if I only have to add it once per open chart, but if NT is restarted, I have to add them back again. I am not sure if it's something particular with that indicator or is it just my NT? It would be appreciated if you could help me figure it out. I wouldn't want to reinstall NT if it's not necessary.

Thanks.

Hello You4Life ,

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.

After testing the indicator I was able to recreate this behavior. I've reached out to our NinjaScript Team in this regard, they will take a closer look at why this occurs as soon as they are back in the office.

Thank you in advance for your patience!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello You4Life,

Thanks for your note.

There was a serialization issue with the StochRSIMod indicator that has been fixed. You should now be able to duplicate a chart that contains the indicator and also save a chart template.

See the modified StochRSIMod2_NT8 indicator attached.

Let us know if we may assist further.
      Attached Files
      Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your assistance NinjaTrader_BrandonH. I noticed you are the author for that indicator as well, so thank you for creating it too. I removed the old one and install the new one and it appears to be working now as I can duplicate the chart with the indicator. Much appreciated and hope you have a great day!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 04:16 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 04:22 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB