Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC requirements

Hello,

Is 6 core intel i5 2,9 Ghz, turbo 4,3 Ghz CPU and 16 GB ram enough for intraday trading? 3 monitors and no more than 10 charts. Is it possible that i7 and 32 GB ram will have some benefits?

Thank you very much!

Hello Thunder Trader,

Thanks for posting.

I have provided a link to our system requirements: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...quirements.htm

The performance of NinjaTrader will ultimately come down to the setup of your workspace. I have provided a link to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ance_tips2.htm

Please let us know if we may provide further assistance.
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much,

Just for sure - if I will have the second one PC - i7, 32 GB RAM the speed of execution and performance of platform will be the same as the first one (i5, 16 GB RAM)?

Comment

If the PC is faster, then you can expect for it to be able to handle complex workspaces better and have overall better performance. The speed at which orders are executed is dependent primarily on your internet connection and distance from the brokerage and exchange servers.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Thunder,

In my experience if you are trading against ten 5min - 15min charts the i^ with 16Gb is plenty.

If you are very aggressive in your use of NT8, do a lot of backtesting or trade complex very fast charts the i7 32Gb is a better pick.

HedgePlay

Comment

Hey hedgeplay,

thank you for your answer. From the beginning I have plan to trade NQ timeframe 700, maybe 1000 volume. Plus other 4 charts (15 min, 1h, 4h and daily) just for check trends. And maybe after few months the same charts (vol 700 - 1000, 1H, 4H and D) of ES. Do you think i5 16Gb will be ok? I just buy i5 16Gb, because somebody told me it will be ok, but now I´m little nervous about it and I want to be sure.

Comment

and only one indicator - oscilator (momentum or CCI). I use price action and S/R.

Comment

Hi Thunder,

Originally posted by Thunder Trader View Post

From the beginning I have plan to trade NQ timeframe 700, maybe 1000 volume. Plus other 4 charts (15 min, 1h, 4h and daily) just for check trends. And maybe after few months the same charts (vol 700 - 1000, 1H, 4H and D) of ES. D

With all the good free indicators >>> You should plan your requirements will triple within a few months.

Originally posted by Thunder Trader View Post

I just buy i5 16Gb, because somebody told me it will be ok, but now I´m little nervous about it and I want to be sure.
                I thought you already had an i5 with 16Gb, which would have been fine to start if you already owned the machine.

Personally, today there is no way I would not buy an i5 (a 3-5 year old design) for using NinjaTrader. I would get an i7 (a 2-3 year old design) with 16Gb with the ability to expand to 32Gb at the minimum.

Links are nice charts to check age, general capabilities and chip family of i5 and i& laptops you are considering.
                - If I was buying now I would be looking for chips with a launch date of 2018 or newer. If it is a great deal maybe some 2017 chips. For sure I would stay way from any new i5 "budget chips" and low power chips.
                - Tap the launch date column to sort by launch date

HedgePlay
                Last edited by hedgeplay; 09-21-2021, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                16 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post samish18