Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Close' button on DOM is very slow

Hello,
    The 'Close' button on the DOM is very slow to execute, especially when there are multiple target and stop orders open and in play for an open position. It takes easily 1-2+ seconds from when I press the 'Close' button to when the position is finally closed.
    When markets are slow, I can move the stop to a location I'm comfortable having it; when the stop gets hits, it executes instantly. Even in fast markets, the stop market orders execute reasonably well when hit.
    But when markets are fast and an instrument like the NQ is moving all over the place, it is often too hard to manually zoom into charts and get the stop exactly where I want it, only to risk the market being on the other side of it by the time I finally place it, etc. It could easily take me 10-20+ seconds to do this when I often have far less time than that before the market may go to a place where I want out of the trade.
    In this kind of scenario, I need to have my hand on the Close button to just get out when I decide to exit, and I need for these trades to close immediately. Unfortunately, the close button feels like it takes its sweet time canceling each individual target and stop before actually closing my open position, and I'm incurring wicked slippage due to this delay. This is aside from the issues of lag on the chart, which is a whole separate issue that I'm not looking to address here. I only bring it up here to mention that that is NOT the issue causing my slippage. The issue here is the time it takes to go from my pushing the 'close' button to the position actually being closed out.
    Any guidance and solution/alterntive is appreciated. thank you.
    biegea

Hello biegea ,

Thank you very much for your note.

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

I would like to take a look at your platform's log & trace files to track down exactly why it would take so long, and how the close is being executed.

The easiest way to send us these files is through the platform directly. You may do this by clicking on Help > Email Support.

Please also leave the following note in the ticket to ensure we can associate it with your post: Attn Manfred 3277129

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your email!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
    7 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post yertle
    by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
    2 responses