ATM automatic Stop Loss and Profit Target not working consistently NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM automatic Stop Loss and Profit Target not working consistently NT8

Hi, I have a simulated account in NT8, and I set up an ATM strategy with a fixed SL and PT for day trading MYM and MNQ. I enter trades with the entry panel on the right side of the chart. About half of the time when I select Buy Mkt or Sell Mkt, I will get an entry, but get an error (sorry - don't have a screen shot - I'm busy managing my trade) and the Stop and Target aren't there and I have to manually exit the trade. I followed the instructions in the videos for setting up the ATM, so I don't think I did something wrong. Besides, the SL and PT come up properly about half the time.
    - Is this a common experience for others?
    - Is this a function of a Sim account, or should I expect this when my account gets funded? :-(
    - Is there a way to plop the ATM strategy on after the entry trade happens if it doesn't get applied simultaneously? I know I could use the DOM to add manual SL and PT, but don't think I should have to.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Glen

Hello Glen,

I don't know why the ATM orders are not submitted at this point, so I can't answer your first 2 questions. Can you please tell me what the error message states or send me a screenshot.

If you have an open position and you wish to add a limit and stop order to protect the position, please follow these steps:
    • In the ATM Strategy drop down menu, choose "none"
    • Right click in the SuperDOM or Chart Trader and enable OCO by selecting "OCO Order"
    • Then place a limit order where you want to exit at a profit
    • Then place a stop order where you want to exit at a loss
    • Then right click again and select "OCO Order" to disable the OCO order placement
    • Now you have a target and a stop placed protecting your open position, and when one of these orders is filled the other will be canceled automatically

To add an ATM strategy to an unprotected open position, please follow the steps below:
    • Select the Positions tab of the Control Center
    • Right click on the position
    • Select 'Apply ATM Strategy' and then select the desired ATM
    • Now your position will have ATM applied to it
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here are the Error messages. Got two different ones this time.
      Let me know your thoughts.
      Thanks,

Glen
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Glen,

Can you please right click in the order entry window (SuperDOM, ChartTrader, etc) you use and disable 'OCO Order' to address the first error.

If you like to submit OCO orders manually, please enable 'OCO Order' in the right click menu. Subsequently submit the orders you like to be OCO. Once you submitted the orders, please right click in the SuperDOM/ChartTrader and disable 'OCO Order'. If you leave 'OCO Order' enabled, all subsequent orders will use the same OCO ID and you will experience this error message.

The 2nd error states you try to submit a stop loss order at the price of 10. I assume you want the stop loss order to be submitted 10 ticks from your entry price. Please open the ATM strategy parameters window and then set 'Parameter type' to Ticks instead of Price.

Comment

FYI Here's my ATM strategy - just going for $5 TP on NQ. Got the error messages on all four of my trades this morning!
          Attached Files

Comment

Please set 'Parameter type' to Ticks instead of Price. If set to Price, it will submit the ATM orders at the price of 5 and 10 while the NQ trades around 15100.

The NQ uses a point value of 20 and tick size of 0.25. This means 1 tick equals $5. You would then enter a value of 1 for 'Profit' with Parameter type set to Ticks.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 09-27-2021, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Jason, I am hoping to be able to just click on Buy or Sell to enter at the market and have the OCO orders SL and TP be on there automatically. The trades only last 30-90 seconds, so I can't be fooling around with changing the settings all the time. Does NT have this capability?

Comment

Ticks are worth $0.50 on each. To have TP of $5.00 and SL of $10.00, don't I need to set ATM on ticks to 10 and 20?
                Thanks!

Comment

Yes, you can save ATM strategy templates as per the information at the link below.
                  https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._atm_strategy_ templates.htm

Comment

You must be referring to the MNQ which uses a point value of 2 and tick size of 0.25, which means 1 tick equals to $0.50. You would then enter values of 10 and 20 with Parameter type set to Ticks.

Comment

With 5/10 ticks, just tried a trade. Entered 15147.00. Target hit at 15148.25. What am I doing wrong here?

Comment

Please note that you first referred to the NQ (post #5). Then later you refer to the MNQ. Please enter values of 10 and 20 instead of 5 and 10 and check if the ATM strategy functions as expected.

Comment

Thanks Jason. Looks like that will work. I appreciate your help!

Comment

Yes, I'm trading MNQ. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                            5 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                            Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                            7 responses