TD AMERITRADE Authorize From Windows 11 Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TD AMERITRADE Authorize From Windows 11 Not Working

Hi, my PC updated to Windows 11, and Ninjatrader is forcing me to re-authorize my TD AMERITRADE connection. So I have deleted the old one. Restarted Ninjatrader. Then I have re-added TD AMERITRADE, i click Authorize, it opens up a new tab in Microsoft Edge, I login and click Allow and it then takes me to ninjatrader.com. At that point in the past the Authorized button would become disabled and I would be good. But now, the authorize button is remaining enabled and it tells me I still need to authorize the TD AMERITRADE connection.

In the past it used to open Internet Explorer. But now, Internet Explorer is not possible to be used in Windows 11 even if you install IE it will always open Edge. In Edge there is "IE Mode" but I tried that and it still didn't work.
    Last edited by JustinCross; 09-26-2021, 07:08 PM.

Hello JustinCross ,

The TD Ameritrade login does indeed only work on Internet Explorer, which is not available in Windows 11.

There is currently no direct workaround to resolve this. However, our Development Team is working on a solution and we hope to have it place either for Windows 11's official launch (October 5th) or very shortly thereafter.

Thank you in advance for your patience!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please let me know when the fix is available. I don't want to go through the hassle of switching back to windows 10 so i'm going to wait. Currently I have another machine that is still on windows 10 so I moved everything over to that one for the time being

Comment

Hello JustinCross ,

Thank you very much for your understanding.

I'll post a note in this thread once the new version is available. You may also "subscribe" to our News & Announcements forum to receive an immediate update when this happens:

Comment

Hello JustinCross ,

I wanted to follow up with you in this regard. While we have released 8.0.25.0 which includes a new method of connecting to accounts that only supported Internet Explorer prior, e.g. Twitter and cTrader.

Unfortunately, our development team was not yet able to confirm the connection via TD Ameritrade as functional, as such we are still advising against upgrading to Windows 11 until this has been confirmed as working.

For an update on the features and fixes implemented in 8.0.25.0 please see our Release Notes below:

Thank you in advance for your patience, I will update this post as soon as I have further information.

Comment

Just popping by to stay I'm still patiently waiting on this. I hope it is a high priority item for the team.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the note.

At this time there has been no change regarding connecting to TD Ameritrade using Windows 11, as our Development team is still working on a solution for this item.

Thank you for your patience.
              Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi. I've been following this post and have a somewhat related issue. I have a TD Ameritrade account, a single NT license and Win 11. My wish is to link NT to TD only for live information and viewing of stocks. I don't want to trade live or sim from the platform. The closest I get to this now is by using Kinetick at EOD. Is this possible? If so how?

Comment

Hello steveg,

Thank you for your post.

At this time, the TD Ameritrade connection is still not supported on Windows 11. Even if you are not planning to trade live or sim, the connection may not be created to receive TD Ameritrade data either. The development team is working on getting this resolve and we will update the TD Ameritrade connection guide as well as the NinjaTrader 8 release notes as soon as the TD Ameritrade connection is compatible with Windows 11. Please feel free to monitor the following links for any updates:

Connection guide: https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

Release notes: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

TD Ameritrade users are still currently advised to remain on Windows 10 until further notice.

Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am patiently waiting for this a well. I use TD is where 95% of our funds are located...

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Emily View Post
                      Hello steveg,

Thank you for your post.

At this time, the TD Ameritrade connection is still not supported on Windows 11. Even if you are not planning to trade live or sim, the connection may not be created to receive TD Ameritrade data either. The development team is working on getting this resolve and we will update the TD Ameritrade connection guide as well as the NinjaTrader 8 release notes as soon as the TD Ameritrade connection is compatible with Windows 11. Please feel free to monitor the following links for any updates:

Connection guide: https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

Release notes: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

TD Ameritrade users are still currently advised to remain on Windows 10 until further notice.

Hello, I have the correct version on NT8, IE, and I also have Windows 10. I am following the connection guide but do not see TDAMERITRADE as an option in my connections. How can I fix this?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply aehartle. We understand the impact this has on our clients using Windows 11 and wishing to connect NinjaTrader to their TD Ameritrade accounts. We sincerely appreciate your patience.

Originally posted by HaveGunsWillTravel View Post

Hello, I have the correct version on NT8, IE, and I also have Windows 10. I am following the connection guide but do not see TDAMERITRADE as an option in my connections. How can I fix this?
                        The options available for connections are typically related to your license key as well as if your platform is able to connect to the licensing servers to verify your license key. For privacy reasons, we do not ask for your license key on the support forums. Please write to us at platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com for additional assistance with this concern.

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

Comment

Is it not possible to generate an access and refresh token at TD ameritrade and update the config file manually?

A client library to use the API exposed by TD Ameritrade at https://developer.tdameritrade.com - Sainglend/tda-api-client

Comment

Hello Renorail,

Thank you for your note.

Manually updating the config file for the TD Ameritrade API is not supported and should not be considered as a workaround or solution. The development team is considering all available avenues to resolve this as soon as possible. The internal tracking number for this issue is 15072. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this request. This tracking number will also be notated in the release notes once it has been resolved. As previously mentioned, the release notes may be found here:

We sincerely appreciate your patience while we work to get this item resolved.

Comment

I hope this is coming soon

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post CortexZenUSA