Showing Horizontal Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing Horizontal Lines

I have three windows: the primary window has my chart, windows two and three each have an indicator.
    I'm try to view horizontal grid lines 8 ticks apart. I'm using the dark background. When I go into the chart properties window and make the horizontal grid lines white, they then show up in each of my indicator windows (where I don't want them) but not in my chart window. How do I do this?

A corollary question: if I open the Chart Panel properties window on the right, that window has a selector for margin type of Percent and Price. What do those choices mean? Also, am I correct in assuming that selecting Fixed, Ticks, 8, in that window for horizontal grid lines will give me the 8 tick distances I'm trying to view in the main chart window, assuming that I could learn how to display the horizontal lines in that window and not in the two indicator windows?

Hello Stephen,

I'm not able to reproduce this on my end. When I set horizontal grid lines to White, the horizontal grid lines show in white in all three panels. If I understand correctly you have 1 chart window with 3 panels. The first panel shows the data series and the second and third panel an indicator. Could it be the range of the first panel is smaller than 8 ticks?

If you create a new chart with just 1 panel for the data series, does the issue persist? If not, please add the 2 indicators and check if the horizontal grid lines remain.

'Margin type' sets how the upper and lower panel margins are calculated (price or percent). Please see the link below.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...anelProperties

Yes, it should plot horizontal grid lines every 8 ticks like my screenshot.
    Attached Files
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Not sure of this ‘cos not sure of layout re: chart, panel, window etc referred i.e. say set to white in chart window & display in indicator windows which seems can’t be correct, but could it simply be that Grid Lines are not set to ‘Visible’? Where you set the value to 8 Ticks is in right click y-axis menu, where you set Gridline colour, line width etc is in right click inside chart panel menu, and there is a check box for ‘visible’ which iirc is UNchecked by default and also isn’t in view without scrolling down with default menu size, at least on my screen size/res I.e. you might set Gridlines to white not knowing/seeing the ‘visible’ checkbox unchecked….
      Just a thought might be worth exploring if chart is separate to those that are displaying.
      Best
      Last edited by brucerobinson; 09-28-2021, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Jason, I took your advice and created a new chart with just one panel. Voila!, grid lines.

I compared the properties for both charts, and they were identical. I then removed one by one the indicators from the chart which didn't have gridlines.

The culprit was bzVerticalLineAtTimeV1. I use this to automatically set repeating vertical lines as specific times during the day. From the nomenclature, I doubt that this is a native NT indicator--I probably got it from the NT User App Share. Is there possibly another indicator that you could suggest which has similar functionality?

Thanks,
        Stephen

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately we cannot recommend or suggest any specific products, so you may want to search the user app share and/or ecosystem for a suitable alternative.
          Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by sjeffblack, Today, 01:22 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post sjeffblack  
          Started by Kicks.Spin, Today, 01:24 PM
          1 response
          0 likes