Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display Distance of Stop Loss from Entry Price

Hello,

is it possible to display the distance of the Stop Loss from the Entry Price in Ticks?

I set the PnL Display Unit to Ticks, but when I drag the SL bar, it shows the distance in relation to the current price (which is of course fluctuating), not in relation to the innitial entry price.
    I know it is possible to enter a trade with a fixed Stop Loss trough ATM Strategies, but when I move the SL, I'm not exactly sure how much "risk" the current SL has.
    For example, I enter a trade with 8 ticks SL, then move the SL to 10 ticks (in relation to the entry price). How can I display this "10 ticks" value?

Please also see the attached screenshot.

Furthermore, is there a way to record the SL tick value, so I can use it for further journaling and Risk Reward calculations?

Hello mo_fi,

Unfortunately this is not supported. The ES futures uses a tick size of 0.25 and a point value of 50. This means 1 tick equals $12.50.

As per your screenshot, the stop loss is submitted at 4350.75. To move it 2 ticks higher, you would modify it to a price of 4351.25. 2 ticks is 0.50. 4350.75 + 0.50 = 4351.25.

If the stop loss fills at 10 ticks from your entry, it would be a loss of $125.

You can find the tick size and point value at Control Center-->Tools-->Instruments. Double click an instrument to view its settings.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
    14 responses
    0 likes