External Order Closing Position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External Order Closing Position

Hi, something kind of strange just happened and I'm not sure what it was. I have no ATM strategy enabled and just exited a position several points lower than where the order was submitted. According to the logs the order was submitted at 4337 at 4:41:54 PM, a few seconds later the order is moved to 4336.25 at 4:42:00 PM however at 4:46:38 PM it shows the order as being cancelled followed by Filled at 4333.5 at 4:46:39. After establishing the order at 4336.25 I never moved it and the order simply says "external". Any idea what happened? Is there a margin requirement for carrying trades over the hour that the market is closed?
    Attached Files

Hello itsthefritz,

Thank you for your post.

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

If your trades are with NinjaTrader Brokerage, you can contact NinjaTrader Brokerage Order Desk here:
    • Email: orders(at)ninjatrader(dot)com
    External orders are any order that was made from outside of NinjaTrader. Generally, we see these either when someone trades from multiple platforms or when the user's position was liquated by their broker. I'd recommend contacting your broker directly regarding this order. If NinjaTrader is your broker, contact orders(at)ninjatrader(dot)com with the Order ID and they will be able to give you more information about this order.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Zach, it was a margin situation

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ScottW, Today, 06:09 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ScottW
      by ScottW