NT8 won't permit me to resize columns in Analyzer results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 won't permit me to resize columns in Analyzer results

I've been experiencing an ongoing issue in which I'm unable to resize the columns in the top results window in Analyzer. I can resize the first row, however the remaining rows do not respond to resizing attempts (see attachment). This issue is persistent and constant. I'm currently running version 8.0.24.3 64-bit, but I also experienced this issue on the previous NT8 release as well.
    Attached Files

Hello 2inthebush,

Sorry I'm not quite sure if I understand. Initially resizing of columns is mentioned, but then rows are mentioned. You can't resize rows, so I assume you refer to resizing of columns.

When I test this on my end after performing a walk forward test, I can resize the columns as expected. I hover my cursor between column headers and my cursor changes into a double headed arrow. I click and hold the left mouse button and move left or right.

Your screenshot shows the 'Start date' and 'End date' columns are very narrow. If you close the current Strategy Analyzer window and open up a new one, are you able to resize columns?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I'm referring to resizing columns. As shown in my attached screenshot, I can only resize columns in the first row of results in the top results window of Analyzer. I can resize the columns of the first row by hovering the cursor on the border between columns, as you've described. The following rows (2 through x), will not adjust the column width to match the first row columns. I can resize the columns within the other results windows in Analyzer (summary, trades, log, etc) without issues. It's only the top results window that has this issue.

Closing Analyzer and opening a new Analyzer window does not resolve the issue. Restarting NT8 does not resolve the issue. Restarting my computer does not resolve the issue.

Comment

Can you please perform an uninstall/reinstall of NinjaTrader 8 and check if the issue persists. You will save all settings and data including your charts and indicators. They are saved at Documents-->NinjaTrader 8 which is unaffected when you uninstall NinjaTrader in Windows.
        • First, please make a copy of the license key entered at Control Center-->Help-->License Key as you need it to download NinjaTrader.
        • Make sure NinjaTrader is shut down.
        • Uninstall NinjaTrader 8 via Windows start menu-->Settings-->Apps.
        • Download and install NinjaTrader 8.0.24.3 from the link below.
          https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

If the issue remains, please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: Att Jason, 3296183
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've already performed a clean install of NT8 a few days ago, which did not resolve this issue. The clean install included the procedure of renaming the old NT8 folder, and moving some of the old files over to the new NT8 installation.

I've emailed my log and trace files to you per your request.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
          3 responses
          1 like
          Last Post PaulMohn  
          Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post PaulMohn