X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Day Open High Low Lines - for a particular time only

hello
    is it possible to setup "Current Day Open High Low Lines"
    to show only "today from 00.01 to 8.59" time?
    and then make a second one, from 00.01 to 15.29 ?

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

You can create 2 data series, each with a seperate Trading Hours template applied (according to the time frame you want the indicators to plot with), and then make one of the Data Series Transparent in it's Color Properties. Then you'll add the indicators and set each of their input series to the separate Data Series.

More information can be found below in our Help Guide article regarding this topic:

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

how to make it transparent?
      cause when I add new data series, at the end, candlesticks get bigger and bigger

Comment

Hello,
        Thanks for your reply.

Right click on the chart> Data Series> changing the Color Properties in this window, near the bottom to Transparent. You may also wish to change the Scale Justification to Overlay.

Comment

where exactly?
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

This would be the Candle Boy outline, Candle Wick, Color for up Bars and Color for down bars settings, please set these to Transparent to hide the secondary data series.

Then ensure Scale Justification is set to Overlay, and that the Trading Hours template you wish for the indicator to follow is applied in this window as well.

Comment

here is the result
              on the right a normal chart with 1 data series
              on the left the chart with 3 data series, basically is unreadable and useless
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

You'll want to go to the Data Series window again and for both of the Hidden, secondary series, set the Scale Justification to Overlay instead. This will correct the chart to only follow the visible data series and will keep the bars from spacing out further, due to the nature of using multiple time frames on a single chart.

Comment

already done. that's the result

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please attach screenshots of the Data Series window, one for each of the data series settings you have applied to the chart?

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

here is , in order
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

It looks like the Bar width setting may be causing this, as one is set to 5 and the other to 4. The default setting is 3. You can also adjust the with the ALT+ Up or Down keys, and decrease the bar spacing with the CRLT+ Up or Down keys.

If you have any further NinjaTrader inquiries we may assist with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Comment

#Hellboy78 - just chiming in with my experience using this method in case it may be useful.
                          When I migrated from NT7 to 8 I sought to get Session h/l with stock platform, no additional indicators, for the common Futures with a pretty straightforward workspace set up. To cut an extremely long story short, it was not possible. This method of adding Data Series and making them transparent (the objective being so they do not need to be rendered in the chart) soon becomes a platform bottleneck if you multiply the number of instances. So, ok as a solution in simple charts and workspaces but if your intention is multiple instruments, timeframes and charts I'd advise caution and also consider your overall setup's demands before going this route. Otherwise, and my experience has been, you may adopt the approach and then soon run up against its limitations.
                          My own workaround was to use an Opening Range indicator with pre- and Day Session time periods. This then pulls in the data series programatically and splits the time off one series rather than an additional series added to a chart to process, if I understand correctly. For your timings, perhaps 2 instances of the same indicator.

Net result - with the same workspace, apples vs apples, with the transparent added Data Series method lag during high volatility could not be eliminated, sometimes becoming cumulative requiring platform reboot. With the OR indicator workaround I never see lag, can run multiple workspaces concurrently etc. which I found impossible with the added transparent Data Series approach.

Each to his/her own to suits their own needs. Just sharing.

Best,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post jclose
                          by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                          10 responses