Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting cTrader Account to Ninjatrader

Hello NinjaTrader Team,

I found out that it is possible to connect a cTrader Account to my NT8, I already found the instructions website.

My goal is to connect an IC Markets CFD-Account via cTrader to NT8.

- Is it possible to have both my NinjaTrader Futures Brokerage and the CFD-Account running side by side in one system?
    - Do I need a multibroker license to do this?
    - Where does the data feed for the cfd symbols come from? I would love to have cfd-stocks or the bitcoin-cfd feed coming from the cfd broker.
    - Do I have to manually update the symbols list to find the cfd symbols?
    - Do I have to add a seperate list for the margin and commision rates of the cfd broker?

That was a lot of questions, so thank you for taking time!
    I have to say that I am pretty impressed that NT8 is capable of doing this implementation, so it would be really great to have that working!

Thanks

Timo

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

NinjaTrader will only connect accounts with the ‘Spotware’ or ‘FxPro’ designation with cTrader.Please contact cTrader to verify if they can modify the account type to be a ‘Spotware’ or ‘FxPro’ account.

Having said that, yes, you can connect to multiple connections at the same time. More information can be found below in our Help Guide article regarding this topic:

You can find also in that article information about setting up preferred connections for the various instruments you can trade with NinjaTrader.

NinjaTrader comes preloaded with the most commonly traded instruments. Should you wish to add an instrument to your database that is not located in the preloaded lists, please follow these steps:
    • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments window.
    • Left-click on the ‘add’ button that appears near the lower right-hand corner of the Instruments window.
    • Enter instrument-specific symbol mapping, exchanges, and other information on the Instrument editor that appears. This information will largely depend on your broker or data feed provider’s specific settings regarding the instrument in question.
    • Left-click the OK button once each field has been filled out with correct information.

The new instrument has now been created in your database. Should you wish to add this instrument to an instrument list:
    • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments Lists window.
    • Left-click to select the instrument list that you wish to add this instrument to in the left panel, then left-click on the ‘add’ button at the bottom of the right-hand panel.
    • Type the name and (if applicable) front month of your instrument in the search field that appears. Press the Enter button on your keyboard to confirm this change.
    • Left-click the OK button to close the Instrument Lists window.

Your new instrument is now added to the instrument list of your choice.

Lastly, commissions are based on a per account basis, so you can apply the commissions you are using with NinjaTrader Brokerage to that account, and the commissions for the CFD account to that one.

More information can be found below in our Help Guide article regarding this topic:

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

fxpro doesn't offer ctrader netting account.
      I think someone at ninjatrader should check better

Comment

If cTrader can't designate your account to 'FXPro' anymore, I suggest to have cTrader modify the account type to 'Spotware' in order to connect.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

doesn't work.
          I have spotware account, but doesn't connect,
          and spotware is not a broker,

Comment

When you say you have a "spotware account", am I correct this a cTrader account that is designated to 'Spotware'? Or is this a Spotware account outside of cTrader?

Do you experience an error message when you try to connect? If so, please tell me what the error message states.

Comment

"no supported account were found"

I downloaded ctrader from ctrader.com and I opened an account (demo) at spotware. change it to netting.

I wrote to spotware, they said.

"Thank you for contacting Spotware. In order to create a netting account, you need to contact your broker​"

"Unfortunately we cannot help you further with this, It's the brokers who decide about their account types and their connections."

Comment

After setting the demo connection to netting mode, please re-authorize the cTrader connection in NinjaTrader and authorize the netting account. Check if you are now able to connect.

Comment

now it shows me error into connection setup, demo or live
                  and doesn't disconnect

Comment

It seems you get the account from Spotware and not cTrader. Please note that you need to a 'netting' account that is provided by cTrader as per the connection guide below.

The logon credentials also need to be provided by cTrader.

Requirements
                    • NinjaTrader 8 or later
                    • A ‘netting’ account provided by cTrader
                    • Logon credentials provided by cTrader [*=1]User name [*=1]Password
                    If you did get the account and logon credentials from cTrader, please let me know.

Comment

I had the account after registration at ctrader.com

Comment

It works on my end when I test it. I applied for a demo connection at cTrader. It initially provides you a "hedging" demo account which does not allow you to connect. I got the connection error below.

2022-10-11 03:48:50:960|1|2|My cTrader (Beta): Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting
                        2022-10-11 03:48:56:682|2|65536|Account '3564080' is not a netting account. NinjaTrader does not support hedging or spead betting accounts.
                        2022-10-11 03:48:56:684|0|2|My cTrader (Beta): No supported account were found (Logon failed)

I created a new demo account in cTrader set to "netting". I removed the cTrader connection in NinjaTrader and then restarted NinjaTrader. Subsequently I created a new cTrader connection in NinjaTrader and authorized it. In the window of the attached screenshot, I only selected the netting account and then pressed "Allow Access". It authorized and then I was able to get connected.

2022-10-11 03:52:54:752|1|2|My cTrader (Beta): Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting
                        2022-10-11 03:53:01:569|1|2|My cTrader (Beta): Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
                        Attached Files

Comment

done
                          but looks like account is not allowed to trade.

Comment

I can select the account in a NinjaTrader order entry window when 'Global Simulation Mode' is disabled at Control Center-->Tools. I tested submitting a limit order and it got accepted.

Comment

here is the error

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rhubear