Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I zoom-in into an intraday chart I cannot see the Daily MAs

Hi!

I added the Daily MAs to the 1min and 5min charts. The problem I am experiencing is that when I zoom-in in the intraday chart AND this zoom doesn't include the whole current trading session, the Daily MAs disappear. Then, in order to see them, I need to zoom out to at least the beginning of the session time. My question is: Is there anyway that the Daily MAs stay displayed no matter the zoom I do?

Thank you in advance!

Hello NTnoon,

Thank you for your post.

You can use the Auto Scale feature for this. When Auto Scale is enabled, the indicator will be included in the chart panel's vertical automatic scaling. Here is the Working with Indicators Help Guide to explain other important features of indicators in NinjaTrader.

Working with Indicators

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi ShawnB,

Thank you so much for your fast reply.

Im afraid its not as much related with the Auto Scale Feature of the Indicator (which was already activated), but more with the Data Series (I added a secondary Data Serie in the chart)
      I am adding a Daily based indicator (MA) in a Minute Chart and when I zoom to a scale 'nearer than a Day size', the Daily MA is not drawn anymore, although its price marker YES keeps visible in the vertical axis.

I don't know if someone had similar problems before. I'm pretty new in this software and finding very critical limitations. But I will try to adapt, and I trust its power and that's the reason I got the life license.

I also tried instead of adding a Daily Data Serie, to add a 1440min to see if problem get solved, but I am getting the same result.

I hope anyone can help.

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Hello NTnoon,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please send an image to clarify the behavior you are seeing?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

You could post the image to your forum reply, or send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the image as an attachment. In the email please include a link to this forum thread.

We look forward to assisting you further.
        Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi SawnB,

Ty for your answer. Attached to this reply, image 1 shows the Daily MA in the intraday (red), and image 2 shows how this one disappears when I start to zoom in the chart. I hope its useful for you to understand the problem. Many thanks!!

Attached Files

Comment

Within your indicator can you please set "Calculate" to "On price change" and let me know if you continue to see this behavior on your lower time frame charts.
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi ChristopherJ,

Thank you for your reply.

I ve been trying to set "Calculate" to all the possibilities, as well as trying all the other options of the indicator, but Im having the same problem.

Is there any way to fix this problem?
              Anyway to use an 'equivalent' of a Daily EMA in Minutes in order to display it correctly in the intraday chart?

Thank you in advance!!

Comment

Hello NTnoon,
                Thank you for the update.

With the Default Moving Average Indicators within NinjaTrader, the chart needs two plotting points of data to be within the visible range of the chart to be drawn.

To create a data point for the current daily bar, you will want to have the Indicator set to Calculate "On price change" or "On each Tick"
                • If it is set to on bar close, that indicator will not update for that point until the Bar has Closed. Choosing one of the methods above is going to cause it to Calculate before the bar closes which gives it a data point to reference.
                From there, you have to Scale/Zoom the chart until a 2nd Daily bar is technically visible, even if there is another data series within that same panel with plotting values in between.
                • Even though the Daily Chart has its colors set to Transparent and cannot be seen with the eye, the chart window still needs that 2nd data point to technically be within the Visible range of the window so it knows where to anchor the line
                Please see the screenshot below for an example:

Click image for larger version

Name:	LT1234a.png
Views:	220
Size:	657.9 KB
ID:	1178368

Settings of the EMA Indicator in the Example Above:

Click image for larger version

Name:	LT1234b.png
Views:	121
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	1178369
                Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Clayton, very clear explanation.
                  Thanks for your effort!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jaybedreamin  
                  Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes