Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Looking for a way to get the ES price at NYSE market open copied onto my clipboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a way to get the ES price at NYSE market open copied onto my clipboard

Hi all,
    I know this might be an odd request, but my strategies rely on the ES price at the NYSE market open. I created an excel calculator to work out my calculations, but I currently have manually type in the price. I'm looking to reduce chance of errors and speed up my response time by selecting the opening price somewhere and pasting it into excel. Here are the things I've tried:

1.) Copying the Opening Price from data info - no good, can't select text in the data info box
    2.) Creating scripts to print the price on the chart - no good, can't select text printed on the chart by a script
    3.) Sending a time-based alert to email with the price - promising, but not working - I'm able to configure an alert to fire off at 6:30 PST and receive it in my email quickly enough, but "@price" shortcode adds "5 Minutes" (my chart timeframe) to the message instead of the bar's opening price.

I don't see why it is so hard to grab a price can copy it to the clipboard. If anyone else has an idea on how to get this done, I would love to hear it.

Hello matlin,

You can export data from the Market Analyzer to Excel by right clicking in the Market Analyzer and select Export. Please see the link below for information on the Market Analyzer.

If you right click in the Market Analyzer and select 'Columns', you can add the Opening column and remove other columns. You can't remove the Instrument column.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the quick reply. This is a great solution, but the ES market opens much earlier than the NYSE. The opening column gives my the open price for Instrument, but I need it to give my the opening price for the 6.30 am PT bar when the NYSE RTH session begins.

I don't see any place where I can set the trading hours for the market analyzer. Is there something I'm missing?

Comment

Unfortunately this can't be configured for the Opening column.

You could create a custom indicator that plots the Open price of the 6:30am PT bar and load it in the Market Analyzer using an Indicator column. Please see the following link for information on working with Market Analyzer columns.

I'm not a programmer myself, so I will not be much help in this regard. You can find information on NinjaScript at the link below.

If you need assistance upon creating a custom indicator, please post in the support forum under NinjaTrader 8-->Indicator Development.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Waxavi
        by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
        0 responses