apply an strategy to sim account to trade real account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

apply an strategy to sim account to trade real account

Hi, I have developed a strategy and tested it on sim account on ES. Now I am going to test it using my real account, but I want to do it using MES. However, my strategy will not work correctly with micro, so I want to run it from sim account using mini and enter my orders on my real account using micro.
    I know using a multi instrument strategy I can go long/short on one instrument based on conditions from another instrument, but I couldn't find a solution for going from one account to another.

Is there any way to accomplish that?

Thank you.

Hello gtheaded,

A strategy by nature can't trade different accounts other than what you select, all of the performance information and variables would be from the account you selected. It is technically possible to have an Indicator place trades in the way you suggested however from the description it sounds like it would be of more benefit to just correct the script so it runs naturally on the MES.

Is there a specific reason why the strategy is not working on the MES? If you are seeing that it works different on two instruments that would generally be expected, to find what specifically was different you could debug the script and observe the values between each test.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by gtheaded View Post
      Hi, I have developed a strategy and tested it on sim account on ES. Now I am going to test it using my real account, but I want to do it using MES. However, my strategy will not work correctly with micro, so I want to run it from sim account using mini and enter my orders on my real account using micro.
      I know using a multi instrument strategy I can go long/short on one instrument based on conditions from another instrument, but I couldn't find a solution for going from one account to another.

Is there any way to accomplish that?
      Try using a Trade Copier.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by TraderG23, 12-08-2023, 07:56 AM
      9 responses
      1 like
      Last Post Gavini
      by Gavini

Started by oviejo, Today, 12:28 AM