I need help understanding when Fees/Commissions are assessed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help understanding when Fees/Commissions are assessed

I'd like to start using ATM strategies with a Stop Loss and Profit (Stop Strategy is None) but I don't fully understand the Fee/Commission structure.

I'm using NT as my Broker and trading thru the NT app.
    What I currently believe is when an order is placed, regardless of if it is filled, we are assessed a Fee for the contract.
    If the contract is not filled and we cancel the order, we are assessed another Fee/commission.
    If the contract is filled, at the time of exiting that position we are assessed another fee/commission.

If this is true then I am wondering:
    When using my strategy I will have a Stop loss and Profit. Will I be assessed a fee for the Entry, Stop Loss, and Profit even if the conditions are never reached? What if the conditions are reached. Is there a fee assessed for the Entry, Stop Loss AND Profit?
    For example, An order is placed (which is the entry) and the ATM strategy displays a Stop Loss and Profit on the chart. Are those Stop Loss and Profit targets each assessed a fee?

I'm looking for clarity.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer each concern. Thank YOU!

Hello,

Thanks for the post.

Please contact our Brokerage Support team at BrokerageSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com for any questions regarding account fees and commissions.

Please feel free to reach out with any further NinjaTrader inquiry you may have.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you they were able to get back to me in about 1 hour during the market open which I am pleased about.

This was their specific response to my specific question;
      "You are not charged fees for placing an order--you are only charged if the order is executed.

When a trade is executed, you are charged the all-in rate for that contract.

For a breakdown of our all-in rates, please refer to the chart linked below:

https://ninjatrader.com/PDF/ninjatra...ommissions.pdf

Rates are quoted per-contract, per-side.

If the conditions for your ATM strategy are never reached, then you will not be put into that position and therefore the trade is not executed."

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply Melissa!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by kaywai, Today, 06:26 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post kaywai
      by kaywai

Started by ct, 05-07-2023, 12:31 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes