Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market replay not working

Hi everyone,
    I'm using Ninjatrader since 2018 and never had this problem. The problem appears when I press the green play button on the Playback window to start the replay, the time starts counting and everything but the charts stays freeze, like is not playing, but the selected start day is loaded. (I from Spain so the day loaded always start on the 6AM).
    I use diferent charts, tick and minute charts and none of them works or shows ask / bid data. This problem only happens on a certain days and sometime happens on some hours in in a certain days. (Always the same days)
    I tried to delete and download again the data and the problem persists.
    Thank you!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mkouitra; 10-23-2021, 04:45 PM.

The problem is solved. As you can see in the screenshots, I have selected the ES 12-21 contract in the chart, I changed it to the 06-21 contracts and works well.

Comment

hello,

I have files over 1 year for ES future and I try to use them with Market Replay.
      Impossible to have a chart with ES 12-20 in NT8 connect in Market replay ?
      Nota : (I have all files for ES 2020)

why?

thank you​
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello oceanis400,

This should be possible. If you set the Start date to 12/10/2020 and End date to 16/10/202, do you receive realtime data in the chart for this period?

If you select the ES 12-20 in a SuperDOM, do you receive realtime data there?

mkouitra, good to hear the issue is solved and thank you for letting us know.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

It's not realtime because you don't have Data over 1 year on your server.
          NT8 never display data of playback history over 1 year.

An other sample:
          Attached Files

Comment

The Playback connection replays historical data in realtime. Market Replay data can only be replayed in realtime.

You should be able to receive realtime data when connected to the Playback for the days and times listed in your screenshot.

If you set 'End date' to 09/12/2021 instead of 10/12/2021, do you receive realtime data?

The 'Load data based on' setting determines how much historical data is loaded in the chart. This is not Market Replay data, but static historical data present in NinjaTrader. If you don't load this static historical data, it indicates this historical data is not present in NinjaTrader.

You can load the static historical data when connected to a broker/data feed that provides it. Please create a chart for the ES 12-21 with the same custom range settings to load this static historical data.

Comment

Hello,

I downloaded minute chart for ES 12-21 , and it' s exactly same thing.
              Market Replay are your files , and I would like use them to retrieve ticks , but it's impossible to have ticks for ES 12-21 with your server.
              So how can I use .nrd files to have CHART with TICK REPLAY.
              OR it's IMPOSSIBLE to have minute Chart (tick replay) with Market replay files !!!

thank you

Comment

Can you please answer the question below regarding the ES 12-20.

If you set 'End date' to 09/12/2021 instead of 10/12/2021, do you receive realtime data?

You should receive realtime data when running the Playback connection for the days and times listed. I suggest to create a new workspace with 1 chart. Close all other workspaces. Connect to the Playback and check if the chart receives realtime data for the times shown if you right click in the Playback control window and select 'Show Available Data'.

You can't replay a full year for the ES 12-21 (or any other expiry month). Data is replayed for the instrument + expiry month selected. If you want to replay another expiry month, you would need to select that instrument + expiry month in the chart.

Comment

Hello,

I have all files for all expiry month. (ES)
                  And if I use playback connection , it's not possible to be connected to CQG data realtime .
                  I don't understand your explanation.
                  We must use playback files because you don't have TICKs for ES over 1 year.

I create only 1 workspace with just one chart ES 12-20 5min Tick Replay (2 days) , and windows is completly empty with tick replay. Sometime you see last bar during playing , but never all bars for 2 days.

I don't undestand how you can see something (not minutes chart but tick replay chart) when you use expiry month in 2020.
                  Attached Files

Comment

You would disconnect the Playback connection first and then connect to NinjaTrader Continuum (CQG).

By default, the Playback connection (Market Replay data) only provides realtime data (historical data replayed in realtime). It does not provide static historical data. Static historical data is loaded as per the 'Load data based on' setting in the Data Series menu of the chart. If you don't have any static historical data present in NinjaTrader, the chart will not load historical data that is requested by the 'Load data based on' setting.

Can you please right click in the Playback control window and enable 'Playback from start' before you hit the Play button. Do you now load all data in the chart for the start and end point?

Comment

hello Jason,

I do what you say , and chart is always empty for ES 2020, but okay for 2023.
                      Disagree with you​, only available for data under 1 year.
                      As you don't have tick replay available for ES 2020 on your server. Chart will be empty.
                      Show me a chart with tick replay only using market replay data.

I think that I will built myself tick replay data with NRD files over 1 year, nothing work with NT8.

sincerely,

Comment

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate.
                        • Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support.
                        • Enter your email address in the 'Your email address' field.
                        • Enter 'Att Jason, 03734151' in the 'Subject' field.
                        • Make sure 'Log and trace files' is enabled and click Send.

Comment

I am still having the same problem I cannot get the charts to load or show in any window, the playback window appears with the time moving foward, but no chart show,
                          1. disconnect from any of the connections on the upper tab
                          2. I go to tools>historical data>get market replay data>pick the instrument.>date>download
                          3. close the tab
                          4. go to connections>playback> instrument>date and download
                          at this point is where ninja T doesn't work, the playback window appears but no data is running, no tick charts, nothing, its a blank space. what do I do from here?​

Comment

Hello peterc,

As per step 4, please click the Continue button in the lower right corner. The Historical Data window will then disappear and you should get the Playback control window. Click the Play button in the Playback control window and check if you receive realtime data for the period you downloaded.

Comment

I did press play and I actually left click on the window>specific date and time> and try to fast foward to see if tick chart will appear but the screen is black, nothing happens, no tick charts, no candle sticks, blank screen. I dont know how to get it to work.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post arvidvanstaey