Risk Profiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Risk Profiles

I created a Custom Risk Profile, but it was wiped out when I logged into NT this AM and it said that there were Updates to the Risk Profiles.

What is the Proper way to create a Risk Profile that will not be wiped out with updates to the Default Profiles? I created a Profile only for the
    symbols that I trade. Is this allowed if it differs from the Default?

If I want to be more Risk Averse than the Default I either have to write the code for it, or create a Risk Profile and assign it to the Account.
    Or am I misunderstanding the point of the Risk Profiles?

Thanks.

Hello ATMtrader0001,

Thank you for your post.

When you created your custom risk template, what was the name you saved it under? I suspect that if you simply adjusted one of the existing default templates and saved over the existing default name, the settings could be saved over when the platform reaches out to the server and updates to server definitions. In order to maintain a custom risk template's settings, I would suggest saving a brand new risk template with its own new name. If this is the process you followed, then I would like to review your diagnostic files.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please include a link to this forum post and reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3323844 ATTN Emily

Based on your description, you are correct that you can create a custom risk template other than the default and apply it to a simulated account. For more information on risk templates:

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I logged in and there are five Default Risk Profiles:
      NinjaTrader Brokerage Default
      NinjaTrader Brokerage Default 1
      NinjaTrader Brokerage Default Hello
      NinjaTrader Brokerage Default Hi
      NinjaTrader Brokerage Default Test

Why are there 5 Default profiles? Anyway.

So, I just created a new Risk Profile named MyRisk. I put the symbols in there and my risk for those and saved it.

Then I went back into the Risk Profiles and there now two Rsk Profiles named MyRisk along with the five Default Profiles.

Since I only want the one I deleted the Second one. Then there was only one MyRisk profiles. I exited out of Risk Profiles and went back in and I saw just the one MyRisk profile listed
      with the settings I want. I then restarted NT8. I opened the Risk Profiles and now there are only the 5 Default profiles.

I'm having difficulty understanding the Duplicate creation of the Risk Template and that it is wiped out when I restart NT8.

Please advise.

Comment

Hello ATMtrader0001,

Thank you for your reply.

There are extra default templates due to some testing that was performed. We apologize for any inconvenience; you may certainly delete any risk templates that do not apply to your needs. Sometimes auto-backup programs (such as OneDrive or Dropbox) or antivirus programs that scan/backup your files and folders may interfere with the NinjaTrader 8 files. If you have any of these kinds of programs on your PC, please make sure NinjaTrader is added to the exceptions list.

I would like to review your diagnostic files in order to investigate further. Please send me your log and trace files. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please include a link to this forum post and reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3323844 ATTN Emily

Additionally, I would like to review what documents are available in the following directory:
        Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\risk

Please attach a screenshot of this file location with your log and trace files.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

Thank you in advance; I look forward to resolving this item with you.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post traderqz  
        Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes