NinjaTrader 8 for M1 Parallels Windows 10 ARM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader 8 for M1 Parallels Windows 10 ARM

Apple just released new M1 Pro and Max chips that should be able to handle NT8 level computing tasks with ease. Parallels has official support for Windows 10 on ARM, necessary to virtualize on an Apple M1 chip. Does NinjaTrader 8 run properly on this system? I've seen a couple of posts asking this but they were over a year old and much has changed since. I couldn't find anything on whether NinjaTrader has officially supported Windows 10 ARM for Apple M1, using Parallels. Thanks!

Hello doozytrader,

Thank you for your note.

Unfortunately, we do not have an official recommendation to provide in regards to your inquiry as running NinjaTrader on a Mac has not been officially tested and is not supported.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Thanks Chris, I understand.

Unofficially, does anyone have experience trying this and if so what was the result?

Comment

My research shows that using the Geekbench benchmark, the speed of Windows 10 in Parallels with the new MBP with the M1X w 64GB ram is equivalent to running Windows 10 in Bootcamp with the last generation MBP w i9 chip and 64GB RAM in Bootcamp. They both deliver a Geekbench of about 7500.

Comment

Originally posted by sdp1969 View Post
          My research shows that using the Geekbench benchmark, the speed of Windows 10 in Parallels with the new MBP with the M1X w 64GB ram is equivalent to running Windows 10 in Bootcamp with the last generation MBP w i9 chip and 64GB RAM in Bootcamp. They both deliver a Geekbench of about 7500.
          Interesting! Thanks for the results. I have a 2021 MacBook Pro 14" with 10-core M1 Max, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM. I've been running Windows 11 ARM through parallels because I wasn't able to get Windows 10 to work. How did you? Everything's a little iffy and slow in Windows 11 ARM on Parallels. Charts load slowly for sure. How did you get Windows 10 to work on M1? Thanks

Comment

Whoops. My mistake. Max Tech on You Tube did a Parallels Ram comparison on the new apple chips using Geekbench but they tested Win 11 and not 10. However, as I mentioned, the Geekbench scores were essentially equivalent which was my main point.

Comment

Ah, I see. No worries. The issue I'm having now is Parallels refuses to acknowledge any graphics performance. Even Geekbench and Novabench and other benchmark platforms don't even show any graphics performance, and return an 'invalid' or '0' graphics score after running. The CPU scores are great, however. I'm in contact with Parallels support to try and figure this out. I have a hunch that this is what's causing the performance deficit I'm seeing in NinjaTrader.

Comment

I've used UTM instead of the Parrallels/VMare for the VM on a MacBookPro and it has experimental support for the GPU it works fine so far..
                Windows 11 ARM 64 bits version with NT8-64bits I did a little summary here:
                https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...99#post1186099
                Last edited by Wessel; 01-18-2022, 06:29 AM.

Comment

I just installed NT8 on a Mac M1 Max using Parallels with Windows 11 ARM and when i try to start the aplication I get the following alert and shuts down. The alert : "Unable to connect DB, unable to open database file". could anyone help to solve this and run Ninjatrader 8.? also when Iinstalled Ninjatrader 8 I did not get the NT8 64bit icon...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aa731
                  by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes