Coinbase (& Binance) Open & Close Incorrect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coinbase (& Binance) Open & Close Incorrect

I'm using the stock Coinbase data from Ninjatrader as well as an addon from "NinjaTools" that provides me with data from Binance.

Despite having my timezone set to "UTC" in Ninjatrader (see pic) & changing my computer's timezone to "UTC", the data from both Coinbase & Binanace is presented drastically different from what it should be regardless of timeframe (see comparative images from TradingView).

I've tried several different time zones (changing and restarting NinjaTrader as well as restarting computer) and oddly while UTC+2 (Beirut) seems to be the most accurate for Binance, it doesn't work for Coinbase. Also (oddly) none of the other UTC+2 timezones provide even remotely accurate representation of data for Binance which doesn't make any sense... I haven't bothered to spending time figuring out which timezone works the best for Coinbase as I assume it's a bigger or different issue, and UTC should work for coinbase anyways.

Not sure what the issue is but the data presented in this way is useless to me. If I could even just get the Coinbase data correct that would be nice lol.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Stupid_idiot; 10-26-2021, 12:00 AM. Reason: I'm having issues with the site uploading my pictures stating "Invalid File Specified", not sure why. Couldn't find solution so just posted pics as a reply (see below)

Comment

Sorry, duplicated the TradingView Coinbase pic, won't let me replace it without error. Here's the TradingView Binance chart (it's identical to the
      Coinbase chart on TradingView, as it should be).
      Last edited by Stupid_idiot; 10-26-2021, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Different data feeds produce different charts, especially when using tick based intervals vs time based intervals. Market data vendors each employ various methods for tick filtering, throttling and time stamping. As a result, no data stream is 100% identical and thus can cause subtle differences in charts. Since NinjaTrader supports many of the leading brokerage and data feed technologies, it is highly likely that two traders using NinjaTrader on different data feeds will have minor differences when plotting the same market and time interval.

Also, different Trading Hours templates as well as the date range of data being plotted can affect the chart display and indicator values.

Lastly, if there is a discrepancy due to your PC time being out of sync, please use the steps below to change/check your Time Zone and sync the PC clock:
        • Shutdown NinjaTrader
        • Right-click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop
        • Select Adjust date/time
        • For Windows 10 click 'Date, Time, and regional formatting' -> Then click 'Additional date, time, and regional settings' -> then click 'Set the time and date'
        • Select the 'Internet Time' tab at the top
        • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
        • If the message that appears says successful your PC clock should now be updated.
        • If not, select a different server from the Server: drop-down and try again (repeat until one of the servers is successful)

After updating the PC clock, please restart NinjaTrader, then right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
        Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Marco,

Thank you for your prompt and thoughtful response. Using some of your suggestions the following solved my issues:

-In order for my Binance data to load correctly it required me to change my computers time zone to UTC+00:00 (not sure why, but that fixed the issue for Binance data). I tried your internet time solution but got the following timeout error (see pic, windows 11). I also had to change the trading hours in data series to "cryptocurrency".
          -In order for Coinbase data to load correctly, right clicking>reload all historical data, did the trick.

Thanks again!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Stupid_idiot; 10-26-2021, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post hazylizard  
          Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post geddyisodin