technical requirements for Ninjatrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

technical requirements for Ninjatrader

I would like to have several WS open , with an average of 10 charts (also longer times per chart). How much processing power do I need so that Ninjatrader does not crash, or is a server advisable?

Hello maxie,

That is hard to tell. It depends on what indicators you have applied in the charts and volatility of the instruments you have selected. The general rule applies of the faster, the better.

Please see the recommended installation requirements of NinjaTrader 8 at the link below.

If you experience performance issues in the NinjaTrader platform, please see the tips and suggestions at the following link.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

well, I was hoping for a statement from a user who has similar requirements and can say something about it

Comment

My experience would lead me to advocate you create one workspace and make it as efficient as possible/the minimum you can live with per the performance guidelines liked to above. Then see what happens when you duplicate and multiply. Get to your maximum desired workspace case ASAP (i.e. it is simple to duplicate workspaces and test - you'll flush out if you're likely going to hit problems, or not, without too much work).

Whilst things such as chart tabs sleeping whilst inactive etc. might make you think they won't have effect on performance as a result - it all gets a bit 'messy'. Multiple workspaces can undoubtedly be problematic and the reasons are too numerous to fathom. So, what you don't want to do is configure your 10 chart workspace and invest a lot of hours doing so, works fine and dandy on its own but find when you duplicate it it falls over with 2 workspaces. Or 3, 4.

I've built workspaces that work fine x1, not x2. Ones that work fine x5 - then try to change an ATM Strategy on the DOM and disaster, just as an example.....
        i.e. it depends on which bit of the platform you're 'stressing'. Or, you may find to do what you want doesn't cause any problem whatsoever and all is well. Just get there quickly without investing a lot of time only to find.... i.e. if you think you need 10 charts per WS, try 10 or try 20 rather than spend time fiddling with them to be your final setup - presumably different instruments and all that. Just make them representative 10 charts and 5 workspaces all duplicates. Then try 20 charts and 10 workspaces. if you don't have problems with double, say, you can then start making them more representative investing the time to do so with a degree of confidence whatever you do you're probably not going to come up against problems.

And I wouldn't have high hopes on hardware such as a server being much of an answer as long as whatever you have can make use of multi-threading. If you hit up against platform processing bottleneck limitations, hardware won't make a difference.
        Last edited by brucerobinson; 10-30-2021, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes