Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is there a way to set window/panel load order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to set window/panel load order?

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to set the load order of windows/panels. For instance:

1. Control Center
    2. SuperDom
    3. Charts window 1
    4. Charts window 2

Reason being, this would allow the order of the windows on the task bar to be in a fixed arrangement. Sometimes when I load up NinjaTrader 8, the order of these windows is not in a sequence I prefer and have to use a 3rd party app (Taskbar Tweaker) to reorder them.

Hello DmanX,

Currently there is not an option to specify the order windows, panels, etc. are loaded within the workspace in NinjaTrader.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the fast answer Christopher. Not to worry. It's merely a slight inconvenience since I do have a workaround. But I figured I'd ask in case I might have missed a setting or there was something in the config files that might do the trick. At the end of the day, it may be something in Windows 10 that needs looking at as I don't/didn't have this occur in Win 7.

Comment

DmanX , may i know the work around? chart load order/sequence is a big headache to me...

Comment

Originally posted by timko View Post
          DmanX , may i know the work around? chart load order/sequence is a big headache to me...
          Yes. An ingenious little freeware program called 7+ Taskbar Tweaker that let's you reorder windows in a group on the taskbar. Works with Windows 7,8,10 (likely 11 too).

In the grouping panel, check "drag within/between groups using right mouse button".

Comment

Originally posted by DmanX View Post

Yes. An ingenious little freeware program called 7+ Taskbar Tweaker that let's you reorder windows in a group on the taskbar. Works with Windows 7,8,10 (likely 11 too).

In the grouping panel, check "drag within/between groups using right mouse button".
            Does that feature work with multi-monitor setups?

Comment

Originally posted by DmanX View Post

DmanX thanks! but this ultilty doesn't seem to solve the calculation order of charts. Say, chart 1 contains indicator IND_1 and chart 2 conatins IND_2 which uses the result of IND_1 and chart 3, which needs to be calculated only when IND_1 and IND_2 have completed calculation... This is the chart loading sequence I was referring to...

Comment

Originally posted by bltdavid View Post

Does that feature work with multi-monitor setups?
                Yes it does.

Originally posted by timko View Post

DmanX thanks! but this ultilty doesn't seem to solve the calculation order of charts. Say, chart 1 contains indicator IND_1 and chart 2 conatins IND_2 which uses the result of IND_1 and chart 3, which needs to be calculated only when IND_1 and IND_2 have completed calculation... This is the chart loading sequence I was referring to...
                Unfortunately, no. That's something NinjaFolks need to program in. It would solve both of our problems. I scoured to various setting/config XML files to see if there was any way to force a chart load order but there isn't as far as I can tell.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse