Workspace, Windows, Tabs, Instruments, Strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace, Windows, Tabs, Instruments, Strategies

If one only use ChartTrader and not the DOM a single large window that fills the monitor with 4 tabs the instruments can be unique and change when pushing the tabs but the Strategies don't track but it seems the ATM Strategy has to be selected, which is not what I want to do. Instead it seems that one has to create a unique window for each ATM strategy to tie or link the instrument. How should one organize 4 different instruments with that are linked or tied to a single ATM strategy for the selected instrument.

I need to be able cycle through the windows that are tied or linked to a strategy for that instrument but can't use tabs as I would need to take the the step of selecting the ATM strategy from the drop down of ATM strategies. I don't want to have to do that step, so how can this be done?

Hello Tonofit,

Thank you for your post.

To clarify are you referring to the ATM Strategy (Non-active) selected in the ATM Strategy Drop-down menu?

Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes. All the strategy templates are listed there for the different future instruments as those can be changed by selecting a different tab but it's associated strategy template won't be part of it, just the drop down list. In the case that is mentioned by doing that one has to make sure the correct ATM strategy goes along with the Instrument. By doing tabing just the instrument is associated with the Tab not the the ATM strategy, so by saving the Workspace one won't get the ATM strategy it seems.

Comment

Hello Tonofit,

Thank you for your reply.

It is expected behavior for the ATM Strategy selected to carry over between tabs as this is a 'global' setting between tabs.

However, there is an ongoing Feature Request to have this behavior changed to allow the selected of separate or different templates selected per each tab and I have added your vote to this on your behalf.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2060. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
        Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes