Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to make NT8 icons in Windows 10 taskbar keep static in the same fixed position?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make NT8 icons in Windows 10 taskbar keep static in the same fixed position?

Hello

I’ve tried in different Windows 10 computers and even with the last version of NT8 (8.0.25.0) I see the same issue, which is the icons in the taskbar keep changing their position and when you select one window, let’s say the Chart window, it pass to the last right icon position, but if then you select let’s say the DOM, then the DOM pass from its initial position to the last right icon position and when you work with multiple windows it could be a true nightmare to know where is the position of the window you need to go, for example if you have 5 NT8 windows, then the normal, at least for me, is the Control Center be ALWAYS the main 1st window and the main 1st icon in the task bar (the one more in the left), and after the Control Center then the rest of the icons you have opened, but always keeping the exact same position in what you opened every NT8 window.

So my question is, why NT8 icons in Windows 10 taskbar don’t keep static in the exact fixed same position? Just like any other Windows 10 program, really, why to make the program to work in this strange way? Because I suppose there could be persons who maybe like? this feature, but I think it could be an optional feature and not the default behavior. Why if I want to locate the Control Center as main icon in the left, then instead of that I have to be opening icon by icon wasting time and checking what new random order it could have? Why if I like the DOM be the icon in the 2nd position, always there, always fixed in that position, then sometimes it is in 3rd, some other times in the last position. It is only me who notice this as a wasting-time problem? And when you need to do any really quick action like to close all or quickly manage a trade in a high volatility time then you need to look at the taskbar and say “let me see what is the current order of the chart” or “where would be the Control Center at this time, in the last position? In the middle? Maybe in the 2nd position?”. This is not efficient especially when you need to make an action in a really fast way.

Other issue is when you restart NT8 or when you have some days with the Windows 10 not shutting down and instead of that sleeping the Windows 10 session, then NT8 changes the previous icons order it had. Why?

Other issue is about the NT8 windows screen position and size. For example, days ago I was using multiple Strategy Analyzer windows, and in the first one window I opened I adjusted the size and position because NT8 opened the window in a size slightly higher than the computer monitor and I adjusted the position because the window was opened in a way where the bottom part was hidden under the taskbar, so the normal in any other program is when you do this they have a kind of screen-window-position-and-size memory and in the next time you open another similar window it remember that last position and size and it opens the new window in a similar position and exact size than the previous one. Well, in NT8 I see it doesn’t happen, at least not all the time. And that day, every single time I opened a new Strategy Analyzer window then NT8 opened those new windows in the exact same wrong position, slightly higher than the monitor and with the bottom part hidden under the taskbar. How is possible NT8 opens a window in that way and not in a centered position ready to use and work, and instead of that having to rescaling the size and the position every single time I opened a new Strategy Analyzer window? I also notice the same behavior with the Data Series sub-window and the Indicators sub-window, the exact same problem opening not in a centered and ready to use way.

I think all these issues could be easily fixed by just keeping the icons in a fixed order in the Windows taskbar and that when you open a new NT8 window like the DOM, or Strategy Analyzer, or Chart, or sub-windows like the Data Series or Indicators or Strategies, that NT8 keeps a logical and useful way to open those windows/sub-windows to not to be wasting time resizing and moving initial position.

Thank you

Hello futurenow,

Thank you for your suggestions.

There would not be a current way to either have all windows open centered on the screen or to maintain the order of the windows in the taskbar preview. I have submitted a feature request on your behalf to open windows centered and sized to fit the screen that is being tracked under the number SFT-5373 and added a vote for you to SFT-1880 to have the windows maintain a specific order in the taskbar previews.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
      There would not be a current way to either have all windows open centered on the screen or to maintain the order of the windows in the taskbar preview. I have submitted a feature request on your behalf to open windows centered and sized to fit the screen that is being tracked under the number SFT-5373 and added a vote for you to SFT-1880 to have the windows maintain a specific order in the taskbar previews.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Good afternoon Kate

Thank you for submit the feature request SFT-5373 and for add the vote for the request SFT-5373. These details about NT8 make the day by day workflow even harder than usually they are, and these are relatively tiny things, but when you put all them together then is when it starts to be an important issue for your daily routine.

Thank you and have a good rest of the day!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin  
      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DJ888