Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 freezes verifying license

Hi
    I tried to start up NT8 after a few months of not using it and it said my version was out of date. I uninstalled, downloaded the latest and did a fresh install.
    When I start NT8 and enter my license, it freezes.

Checking the log file I get the following message:
    "Unhandled exception: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms."

On one of the attempts I got an error saying please make sure that you have write capability to templates in the NT8 folder

My drives are not encrypted, the previous version ran fine and there has been no changes on my server.

I tried disabling my anti virus as well as adding NT8 both 64 and 32 versions to the firewall without success

There is nothing in the log file except the following 3 lines

2021-11-04 04:13:52:378|2|4|Session Break (Version 8.0.25.0)
    2021-11-04 04:14:01:570|0|4|Unhandled exception: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.
    2021-11-04 04:14:48:913|0|4|Unhandled exception: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.

Can you help?

Hello cnecorp,

Thank you for your post.

The message you are receiving means that your PC has the FIPS validated cryptographic algorithm enabled, which is a security feature that is not compatible with NinjaTrader and it is expected behavior that NinjaTrader will not run with this setting enabled. I understand this message was coming up after updating the platform, however, it is possible that this change was implemented since the last time you used NinjaTrader.

I am not sure if this is something that could have been changed by your antivirus, although I understand that you have also tried disabling the antivirus without success. Since the Windows Platform FIPS settings are PC settings outside of the NinjaTrader platform, please reach out to a PC Technician (or your IT Department, if available) for additional assistance. These settings could be related to your registry or the local security policy.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Emily. Net effect of what you are saying is to disable FIPS. I'll do that.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post KenneGaray  
      Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba