Windows 11 Compatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 11 Compatability

I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and NT8 seems to operate correctly except I have found one feature not working. I wrote support about this

This was there reply

For your inquiry, NinjaTrader 8 using Windows 11 is not supported. We do not have a time frame that is scheduled to incorporate Windows 11 compatibility with NinjaTrader 8. Windows 11 is an entire new interface OS and would require us to fully deconstruct NinjaTrader, which is not an option

This sounds like Windows 11 will not be supported for a very long time if ever.

I am surprised that there has not been an official statement on this from NT. Obviously many people will upgrade to Windows 11 assuming that of course Ninja Trader 8 will be supported.

I would expect more from Ninja Trader, the least would be a statement on what are the risks of running NT8 on Windows 11.

Also an official statement if NT plans to support Windows 11

Would it make sense to use Windows 11 virtual Machine feature and run Windows 1o on this VM. Would doing this adversely effect the performance of NT8?

Thanks

James 108

Hello James108,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. I suggest subscribing to the News and Announcements section of our forum below to ensure an email is sent upon update or announcement of this nature.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...nouncements-aa

Our general advise is that Windows 11 is not supported at this time, we’re still conducting thorough testing to confirm compatibility with all NinjaTrader components and features.

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by James108 View Post
      I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and NT8 seems to operate correctly except I have found one feature not working. I wrote support about this
      What feature?
      Could you please elaborate and provide more details?

Comment

Our general advise is that Windows 11 is not supported at this time, we’re still conducting thorough testing to confirm compatibility with all NinjaTrader components and features.

Excuse me but this is not an answer, I am subscribed to the forum you mentioned and the latest update has words to the effect that made it sound like windows 11 is generally supported. There should have been a note saying we have not fully tested Windows 11 and here are the functions of NT8 that may be adversely effected

The answer I got from support that I quoted made it sound like there are major revisions required to get NT8 working correctly on Windows 11and that it was not a given that this would ever be supported.

Your statement is we are currently testing.

The arrogance of Ninja Trader is beyond belief. There is major update to the Operating system you run on that has been in beta for a long time and all you can say is we are still testing. No commitment that you will actually support Windows 11.

Give me a break this is not service

Comment

Originally posted by bltdavid View Post

What feature?
          Could you please elaborate and provide more details?

So far the only thing I can see that is not working is the ability to minimize all charts by right clicking on the NT8 icon in the Taskbar. This in of itself is not a big deal but when NT says it is not supported I am not sure exactly what that means. If I have an issue with an order not being correct will NT say tough luck you are running an unsupported operating system.

I have no idea what other bugs will show up

Comment

Hello James,

Thank you for your post.

My name is Heath, I am a Platform Support Team Lead here at NinjaTrader and I'm here to make sure all of your questions and concerns are addressed.

I've reviewed our technicians response provided in your initial post and can confirm that this is factually incorrect. Currently our team is testing full support for NinjaTrader 8 with Windows 11, however at this time testing is not complete and so Windows 11 is not fully supported and we recommend users remain or roll back to Windows 10.

While full support will likely require an update to the platform it will not require a full rewrite as the technician suggested, and we expect to be able to fully support Windows 11 in the near future.

Currently though our recommendation is that users remain on windows 10 for the time being as it is fully supported. Please roll back to the latest supported version of Windows 10 until full support for Windows 11 is announced.

Once full support is announced the minimum system requirements will be updated to include support for Windows 11.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...quirements.htm

Please reply in your original ticket which I've responded to if you have additional questions.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Heath; 11-04-2021, 06:48 AM.
            Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

[QUOTE=NinjaTrader_Heath;n1177354]Hello James,

Thank you for your post.

My name is Heath, I am a Platform Support Team Lead here at NinjaTrader and I'm here to make sure all of your questions and concerns are addressed.

Thank you this is a much better response

I

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Heath View Post
                Hello James,

Thank you for your post.

I've reviewed our technicians response provided in your initial post and can confirm that this is factually incorrect. Currently our team is testing full support for NinjaTrader 8 with Windows 11, however at this time testing is not complete and so Windows 11 is not fully supported and we recommend users remain or roll back to Windows 10.

While full support will likely require an update to the platform it will not require a full rewrite as the technician suggested, and we expect to be able to fully support Windows 11 in the near future.

Currently though our recommendation is that users remain on windows 10 for the time being as it is fully supported. Please roll back to the latest supported version of Windows 10 until full support for Windows 11 is announced.

Once full support is announced the minimum system requirements will be updated to include support for Windows 11.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...quirements.htm

Please reply in your original ticket which I've responded to if you have additional questions.
                Hi Heath, any update on when Windows 11 will be fully supported?
                Last edited by sonia0101; 12-03-2021, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Hello Sonia0101,

Thank you for your post.

The NinjaTrader 8 platform has been confirmed to be compatible with Windows 11, with the latest release (8.0.25.0).

If you're not yet running this version please update your installed version of NinjaTrader to be compatible.
                  • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                  • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                  • Enter your license key and press Submit
                  • Select 'Download'
                  • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
                  Please feel free to write in if you have any additional questions.

Comment

Originally posted by James108 View Post

So far the only thing I can see that is not working is the ability to minimize all charts by right clicking on the NT8 icon in the Taskbar with the shift key pressed.
                    Hi Heath

Can you please check out this potential bug I reported earlier to see if your can replicate it.

thanks

James
                    Last edited by James108; 12-06-2021, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Hello James,

Thank you for your post.

To clarify this would be a general windows feature and not a bug with NinjaTrader.

It appears this option is removed in Windows 11.

However you can still minimize all windows by pressing the Key Combinations (Windows Key + M). There does not appear to be a current shortcut to restore these windows and they must be manually reselected to become visible again.

Please feel free to write in if you have additional questions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Heath View Post
                        Hello Sonia0101,

Thank you for your post.

The NinjaTrader 8 platform has been confirmed to be compatible with Windows 11, with the latest release (8.0.25.0).

If you're not yet running this version please update your installed version of NinjaTrader to be compatible.
                        • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                        • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                        • Enter your license key and press Submit
                        • Select 'Download'
                        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
                        Please feel free to write in if you have any additional questions.
                        Heat,

Thanks for your support and the good news about Windows 11 and NT 8.0.25.0.
                        However, NT release notes indicate that TD Ameritrade would not connect.
                        Is this to be fixed in the next NT release or soon?
                        Is NT in touch with the TD Ameritrade team in case it is them who must fix this?

Regards,

Leonard

Comment

Hello loremont,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately it is not possible for us to currently update this connection in NinjaTrader 8, as the API for TD Ameritrade requires the user of Internet Explorer to properly authenticate and this program is no longer available in Windows 11.

If you're wanting to connect to TD Ameritrade through NinjaTrader you'll need to roll back to Windows 10 to still have internet explorer available to you.

Please feel free to write into our support team if you have additional questions.

Comment

how about NT7? is it supported on windows 11? i have just upgreaded and it gives me error when loading. it says it cannot verify license....

Comment

i get this message now. no matter what i do with the firewall.help? solution?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred