NT8 charts not updating with live data feed from Interactive brokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 charts not updating with live data feed from Interactive brokers

Could you please tell me what might be going wrong with my charts not updating with live data unless I do it manually via "Right click on chart > Reload all historical Data" to get the current price. I have live data from Interactive Brokers and it is updating live in the TWS platform only. See attached screen shots of same chart, time & instrument
    Kind Regards
    Attached Files

Hello SAITON,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. Are you able to see real-time data updating in intraday charts? E.g., a 1 minute chart?

Daily charts in NinjaTrader using the session OHLC values as reported via the data provider and does not the trading hours / session template. Minute data is able to use the templates to report the listed hours, however. We advise a 1440-minute chart alternatively to utilize a session template for Daily charts.

We look forward to assisting further
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Eric
      Thanks for your response.

I loaded a 1 minute chart though it also is not updating. It just displayed the data up to that minute and didn't continue on from there.

Is there a way that I can get someone from NT to do a Skype call with me and give them Remote access to my system to help set it up correctly. I have been using NT8 for 1.5 years now and Im having a lot of trouble with it. Mostly speed issues. ( NT8 customer support fee i can pay? ) I wouldn't dare purchase it until I could see it working well.

I have some custom indicators which may be slowing it down as well as the amount of historical data Im trying to get.

I have come to the point I would like to get professional help on the phone so I can speed up the answers to my problems if that is possible.
      Kind Regards
      Stuart Aiton

Comment

Also Eric, Im not understanding you comment:

"Daily charts in NinjaTrader using the session OHLC values as reported via the data provider and does not the trading hours / session template. Minute data is able to use the templates to report the listed hours, however. We advise a 1440-minute chart alternatively to utilize a session template for Daily charts."

Stuart

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post. Please also include a phone number a time frame when we may reach you (include time zone).

Include ticket number 3338224 in the body of the email.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
          Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
          Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
          Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

We look forward to assisting further.
          Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I got quite the same phenomenon but only for the ZN future. I use the latest NT version with the recommended Gateway version. ZN is not updating on the chart but the prices are updated in the market analyser and they are even recorded. Gonna post a separate post about this..

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by Taddypole, Today, 02:47 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Taddypole