Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop loss quantity on SuperDom

Hello,

Is it possible to for stop loss orders to instantly have the quantity of the current trade size attached to them without me having to manually enter it?

Also, is it possible to enter the quantity of contract for the stop losses using the keyboard instead of having to use the up and down arrows which can be time consuming especially for large orders?

Many thanks,

Hello MrAstute,

Thank you for your message.

Any Stop orders that you manually place (Stop Market and Stop Limit) will match whatever amount you have set in the Quantity field of your Order Entry window. This will not reset itself and should match the number of contracts you had from the previous order you submitted. For example, if you place an Entry order with 4 contracts, the next order you place such as a manual Stop Loss will still have 4 set to submit automatically like in the screenshot below.

If you are looking to have a default Stop Limit offset, this will not be possible. However, you can quickly change this number using the scroll wheel on your mouse instead of clicking on the arrows.

NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide - Stop Limit Offset

I do also recommend looking into ATM Strategies, which will allow you to have Profit Target and Stop Loss orders submitted automatically once an Entry Order fills. Here is an overview of ATM Strategies for your reference.

ATM Strategies Overview

ATM Strategies will allow you to have Stop Loss and Profit Target orders placed automatically once an Entry order Fills.
    These orders will act as OCO (One Cancels the Other) orders, meaning that once either your Profit Target or Stop Loss order(s) are filled, the other will be automatically canceled.

We always recommend practicing your ATM Strategies on the Sim101 account to ensure that they behave how you are expecting. Connecting to the Simulated Data Feed will allow you to Trend the market in a specific direction to quickly and easily test your strategies.

NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide Links, for your reference:I have also provided links below to a couple of ATM Strategy webinars from our publicly available YouTube Channel. These videos provide complete walkthroughs of ATM Strategies and Stop Strategies. I highly recommend watching and following along with the examples from these videos on your own platform to become comfortable with ATM Strategies.

NinjaTrader YouTube — ATM 201: ATM Strategy Basics & ATM 301: ATM Strategy Advanced Settings

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    Attached Files
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post LawrenHom  
    Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
    4 responses