Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What happened to the "Set line as zero" feature or something along those lines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to the "Set line as zero" feature or something along those lines?

I haven't used Ninjatrader since last year in 2020. Back when I was using it, I had a workspace set up that included 12 instruments plotted over each other. I used the workspace in conjunction with a feature that was part of Ninjatrader at the time. The feature I remember allowed a user to right click any of the plotted lines on the chart and make that line the "zero" line that the rest of the plotted lines would anchor to. This would allow you to watch the other plotted lines and how they moved in relation to the line that was set as "zero" You could do this at anytime by simply right clicking and selecting the feature. I believe it was named something like "Set as 0%" or "Set as zero line". Where is it at? Was it removed? Please help.

Hello,

Was this in reference to a certain indicator or drawing object?

Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, it doesn't involve an indicator. It was a feature or option that was native to Ninjatrader. At least, it was at the time. If I had two or more instruments overlapping on a chart using a percentage scale, there was the option when you right click. Again, I don't fully remember what it was called in the right click menu. But, it was something like "Set line as zero" or "Set bar as 0%" or maybe "Set to 0%". I know it existed because I created a workspace that literally needs it. I have 12 instruments on the same chart. My strategy with the workspace was to set all instruments to 0% on the scale at any given time and then watch how the instruments moved away from the zero line to determine greater market movements. Without the feature to "zero" out all instruments on the percentage scale, this workspace I created is a mess. Do you know anything about the right click option I'm referring to?

Comment

The only feature that would be similar to this within the platform is the 'center price on scale' feature within the data series menu. This keeps the last traded price of that instrument centered on the price scale. Beyond that, it seems this may have been tied to an add on of some sort.
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm very sorry. The feature I was referring to is on the Thinkorswim platform. Sorry to waste your time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post love2code2trade  
          Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post eDanny