Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

automatic risk/reward based on support resistance levels

Hi,
    Is there a method whereby i might (for a long position, for instance) click on a buy level, then a target level, and have the software automatically identify a stop loss for me (based on a predetermined dollar amount)?
    David

Hi trader3000a, thanks for posting.

There is a risk-reward drawing tool in the platform by default. I do not know of one that will automatically calculate a Risk/reward with a click though. There are also a few indicators on the app share site that might be of interest:

This indicator reads a comma‐separated values data file that contains support and resistance line data, and then plots those lines on a chart. Lines have a start time, an end time and a price. An empty end time means the line is still active and continues to draw as the chart progresses. There are some […]

This indicator draws horizontal Support/Resistance lines at various price levels, above and below the market, where price historically created swing High/Low pivots multiple times, creating support and resistance as price action bounced off of those levels.

This is a port of the NinjaTrader 7 AdvancedRiskReward.v3 indicator. This indicator helps you define your entry, stop and target (1 or 3) visually on the chart with the help of horizontal lines, calculates your potential P/L ,unrealized P/L,Risk/Reward ratio and contracts sizing per account size. Once started click on the chart 3 times there […]

Best regards,
    -ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply. I think my question wasn't great. Here's a better explanation of what I'd like if we could add it to future development:

long trade example:

I define 2 levels:

a) a limit entry below the action at some level i like
      b) a stop loss at some level i like

NT calculates the correct number of contracts for me (rounded up or down, my choice) based on my choice of % of max drawdown (i.e. Topstep), and sets up the trade once I approve.

long trade example:

Trading MES, I propose a limit entry at 4500, and a stop loss at 4480 ( based on support levels i like).

I've already told NT that I want to always risk 10% of my account's cash value ABOVE a specific $ amount. For instance, i only want to risk 10% per trade of the account's realized value over $98,000; so If my account's value is $100,000, I'd be risking 10% of $2000 ($200) on a trade.

based on my proposed entry and stop loss above, I have 20 points of risk I'd like to take on MES, so NT calculates that my limit order should be 2 contracts (200 / (stopPoints * contract value per point)), asks me to approve, and sets up the trade.

ability to incorporate breakeven automation as well would be perfection

Does that make sense? I used to do this type of thing with DAS trader pro.

thoughts?
      thanks,
      David
      Last edited by trader3000a; Today, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Hi David, thanks for your reply.

There is an existing feature request requesting portfolio based stop and targets: SFT-2451 I added a vote to this for you.

Please check the release notes on the help guide upon future updates to see if a feature has been added.

Best regards,
        -ChrisL

Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post arvidvanstaey  
        Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM