Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZN future not updating on chart

Hi,
    I have an issue with the ZN future in NT. The prices are updated in the MarketAnalyzer and they are recorded (I like to record them) but they are not shown on the chart. I tried to re-download historical prices for the ZN future but the window got stuck and no "I want to download"-message was send to IBG (I tried to make that visible in the screenshot attached).
    Any idea what is happening?
    Should I do a DB reset?
    I am using the latest version of NT and the recommended version of IBG (981.3c)
    Thanks,
    Klaus
    Attached Files

Hi,
    I just had another idea. Maybe I should delete the cached data for ZN in the folder NT8->db->cache ?
    Thanks,
    Klaus

Comment

Hello Klaus,

The screenshot shows the chart is loading data. It can take some time for all requested data to load. How long does it say "Loading" and how much days of historical data is requested?

If you close the ZN 12-21 chart tab and create a new one that requests only a few days of historical data, does it load the requested data?

Do you see the requested historical data at Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data-->Edit-tab?
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,
        I am waiting for >30 minutes and I tried everything like creating new charts, showing only one day of 1min data, etc. Nothing shows up. I can see the historical data in the Historical Data window. This is why I wrote that NT is still recording the data. But it does not show it on the chart. Very strange behaviour...
        Klaus

Comment

Does it make a difference if you restart NinjaTrader and Gateway (if not already)?

What Gateway version do you currently have installed?

Comment

Hi Jason,
            I have the recommended version of IBG installed as mentioned in my first post. I cannot restart NT now. I have a window where I can do maintenance which is between 2300 and 0000 CET. IBG is restarting at that time and I am going to restart NT today as well.
            I do not think this is going to help as I freshly restarted NT and IBG yesterday and I already had the behaviour yesterday night (European time).
            Klaus

Comment

I suggest to delete the cache folder as per the instructions below when possible and check if this will load ZN 12-21 data in the chart.

Shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to the Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->db folder.

Delete the folder named "cache" that is within the "db" folder.

The "cache" folder is used to quickly load data in chart windows - the actual data is saved in the tick, minute and day folders. The first time you load data after deleting the db-->cache folder, it will take a little longer to load than usual. Once all data is loaded, it should load data as before.

Start NinjaTrader and check if the issue persists.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post f.saeidi  
              Started by TradeForge, 04-19-2024, 02:09 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes