Display indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display indicator

Hello, does anyone know how to show indicator on specific timeframe, similar Tradingview.

Hello 35CTBS,

Indicators are plotted as per the interval type selected for the chart. If you create a 4 Minute chart and then apply an indicator, the indicator is caluclated on 4 Minute bars.

If for exmaple you like the indicator calculated on 10 Minute bars but have it plotted on 4 Minute bars, you would need to add 2 data series in one chart window (4 and 10 Minute). Please see the link below for information on using multiple data series in 1 chart.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...g_with_multipl e_data_series.htm

Open the Indicator menu in the chart and add the indicator. Set 'Input series' to the 10 Minute data series by clicking the Input series field. Select the 10 Minute data series and click OK. Set 'Panel' to the same panel as the 4 Minute data series. The indicator is now calculated on 10 minute bars and it is plotted on 4 Minute bars.

If you like to not show the 10 Minute bars, please hover your cursor on the horizontal line that divides both data series. Click and hold the left mouse button and move up or down.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank jason, but what I want to ask is how to show the indicator on a single timeframe. For example I am using indicator A and I want it to appear only on M5 when I switch to H1, H4 or D1 then A will not appear.

Comment

If you want to show an indicator on a single data series, please create a new chart for a single data series and then add the indicator.

If you have a 5 Minute chart with an indicator applied and you want to switch it to a 60 Minute chart without the indicator, you would need to remove the indicator first and then switch to 60 Minute. You could also create new chart that uses a 60 Minute interval.

If you want to keep the indicator, please just switch the chart to 60, 240 Minute or 1 Day and the indicator will remain plotted.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes