Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator information on chart window

Hi,

Indicator information is usually displayed in the chart window. Is there any way to reduce the length of that information or to remove it? Just the colors alone are extremely long.
    It's a lot shorted in NT7.

Regards
    Kay Wai

Hello kaywai ,

Thank you very much for your post.

You may edit (or completely clear) the label of each data series and indicator individually, depending on what you would like to retain.

To change this, simply right-click the chart and select either "Data Series" or "Indicators". As part of the settings of each, you may then find the "Label". Clearing the text therein would completely remove it from the chart.

Should you have any further questions in this regard, please don't hesitate to let us know!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Manfred,

Thank you for your reply. I tried what you suggested. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to achieve the desired result.

I've attached the chart and the indicator settings as a snapshot.
      From the chart, you can see how long the label is - the part starting from "(Weekly)"
      From the Indicators window under "Label", it only shows IGTDSequential2 and nothing else.

I would like to remove the lines that begin from "(Weekly)" if that is possible.

Regards
      Kay Wai
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Kay,

Thank you very much for the screenshot.

In this case, you would have to delete the whole text in it. The way this indicator is set up is that it will always show this additional information, as long as at least one character is in the "Label". If the label is empty, however, the additional information will also disappear.

Don't hesitate to let me know, should this not work!
        Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Manfred,

That worked! Not ideal but reduces the clutter.

Thank you.

Regards
          Kay Wai

Comment

IGTDSequential2 indicator:
            Hi there
            Do you know how can I make it beep or play a sound file when a 9 or 13 happens?
            Or is there a later version with more features?
            Many thanks - Mike

Comment

Hello ZOTICUS,

Thanks for your note.

The only IGTDSequential indicator for NinjaTrader 8 that I am aware of is located in the NinjaTrader Ecosystem User App Share linked below. This is a port of the NinjaTrader 7 IGTDSequential2 indicator by ivatan1962.

IGTDSequential: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...gtdsequential/

Unfortunately, the '9' and '13' you are referring to are drawing objects, not plots. You are only able to create Alert conditions that access the value of an indicator's plots.

You would need to modify the indicator's code so that it loops through all of the text drawing objects on a chart and determine if the text drawn is a '9' or '13' and then call the Alert() method inside the indicator code to create your alert.

If you are interested in programming this yourself, please let me know and I will be happy to provide further direction.

Let me know if I may further assist.
              Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi guys does anyone have a cheat sheet / explanation about how this iIGTDSequential2 indicator works. would be very grateful .for any help.

Comment

Hello Bullseye,

Thanks for your note.

We do not have any documentation for the IGTDSequential script from the Ecosystem User App Share.

This is a conversion of the NinjaTrader 7 IGTDSequential2 indicator that was created by ivatan1962 which could be found here: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...vatan1962-seq/

To understand how each section of the indicator functions, you should thoroughly review the code of the script line by line and test the script out to see it in action.

Please let me know if I may assist further.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
                  Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post techgetgame  
                  Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes