Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Data Plotting?

Hello,

yesterday it occurred that a chart stopped plotting new bars. When this is in a higher timeframe one does not recognize easily - when watching many charts for currency-pairs.

Is there any idea what could be added or plotted so that one can be sure that eg current 15 min bar is the current 15 min of time?

Thank you!
    Tony

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your note.

You may use the Data Box to view the timestamp of the current bar.

The Data Box may be viewed by right-clicking on your chart and selecting 'Show Data Box'. This will show the bar data your mouse is hovering over.

You may also show the 'Mini Data Box' by clicking and holding your middle mouse button while hovering your mouse over a bar.

Below I have also included a link to our NinjaTrader Help Guide on the Data Box:
    Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. This is clear of course. But I think you dont want to do this every 15 min for 20 instruments. Isnt there another way to show directly in the chart? EG Drawtextfixed right lower corner with time of close Bar[1]? What about that idea? But I dont know the snippet to draw this.

Thank you!
      Tony
      Last edited by tonynt; 11-11-2021, 08:00 AM. Reason: translation error

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your note.

This indicator is publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
        1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
        2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
        3. Select the downloaded .zip file
        4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.
        Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
        • Right-click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK
        Here is a short video demonstration of the import process:However if you prefer to create something customize then I would be more than happy to forward you to our Scripting Support Team.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
        Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jclose
        by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
        10 responses