This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't throw the BABY out with the Bath Water

I apologize. I don't know. Who to talk to, and I don't trust sending an email. Several weeks ago, I caught a bug in the trading system. Once, a Buy Stop Market order was triggered. It would AUTOMATICALLY send in another order to go the other direction. Once, the stop filled. Again, it was a bug. No, one would help except a guy whose name I won't mention. I got continuously passed around. Until, someone who was brass. He said. I won't get any money back. Thanks for the slam, but I have been doing this for about 11 +years now. I know. How it works.

Instead of keeping my cool. I lost it, and yelled at him through the email. Which I publicaly apologize about. that.

I hope. NinjaTrader can sympathize with me. I didn't ask for the money back. I asked for the bug to get fixed. I kept getting passed around. Then the one guy who was paying attention to what I had asked. Why couldn't I get anything else out of him?

So, I am sure everyone sees this. Something may get done. Also, I don't know if the bug got fixed?

Now, I have another problem with the Fibonacci Retracements not working. (I use those a whole lot!!)
    Unhandled exception: The value "NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.PriceLev el" is not of type "NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.PriceLev el" and cannot be used in this generic collection. I cannot change the extension colors or un-attach them from being seen on other charts.

Respectfully, I don't want to move on. I want to step my game up, just like everyone else would. I am sure. Please, let's grow together. Basically, I draw a lot of trendlines and I am beginning to learn to automate my entries and use a ATM connected to that. So, I can focus on entries and exits.

Thanks ahead of time.
    Last edited by Smittyoptions; 11-15-2021, 09:42 AM. Reason: Didn't explain fully what's going on with Fib retracements.

Hello,

Thanks for writing in.

First, regarding your previous inquiry with your orders, unfortunately we never received the necessary information to investigate this item further, but we would be more than happy to investigate if you can provide the relevant order IDs for the trade(s) on October 13.

As for your new inquiry, please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred with your Fibonacci errors.

You can do this by going to the Control Center->Help->Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3355725 ATTN Melissa

We look forward to resolving your inquiry.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Honestly. Yes, they did. ( unfortunately we never received the necessary information to investigate this item further, but we would be more than happy to investigate if you can provide the relevant order IDs for the trade(s) on October 13.)

I will forward the email to whomever needs it.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

If you reply to the original inquiry with the requested information we would be more than happy to assist further.

We look forward to being of further assistance.
        Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Good Evening! I told Ms. Melisa J. I would like to start this again, this morning. She waited until 5:42pm to answer an email from earlier this morning at 9:05 am. I would like to work with someone else. I feel. I have been strung along in getting this fixed.

If, it is possible and I would like to make a formal complaint about how my problems are being mishandled by her and maybe a few other coworkers. Since, they won't break down for me. I feel. It would be proper. If, I could break it down to the higher ups, about what's been going on. Then let the person in charge decide further action.

I doubt. This is the type of place. Where they tell a person to take there money somewhere else. LOL Unless, it is. Then please just say so. No ill will meant towards anyone. I just don't feel this has been the correct way to handle the problem at all. Thanks for your time.

Sincerely
          Last edited by Smittyoptions; 11-16-2021, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Smittyoptions , my name is Patrick and I am the Director of Platform Customer Service. There seems to be a disconnect in communications, so I'll be working with you directly. Let's lay out information from our end so we can dispel any misunderstandings:

Originally posted by Smittyoptions View Post
            Honestly. Yes, they did. ( unfortunately we never received the necessary information to investigate this item further, but we would be more than happy to investigate if you can provide the relevant order IDs for the trade(s) on October 13.)

I will forward the email to whomever needs it.
            You provided your log files in ticket #3308932 on October 15th. We asked you for further detail but you never addressed our direct questions. My colleagues have already stated this but to reiterate - without specific details we can only speculate which I'm sure you can understand is inaccurate at best and dangerous at worst. Also, my colleague Jim in ticket #3311020 again tried to engage you for more details which you did not provide. Your reply instead asked us, in so many words, to close your account/mail you a check. It was implied via this response that you were no longer interested in troubleshooting from a technical perspective. You also directly engaged my colleagues on the Brokerage Support Team asking how to request a withdrawal in ticket #3310986.

If you'd like to continue the conversation, please send an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader.com with the subject '3355725 ATTN Patrick G'. Feel free to include whatever you'd like in the body, but from a technical troubleshooting perspective, we'll need to answers to the questions Melissa asked on October 15th which were:

On October 14 you wrote:
            • So, I put an order in. Then I pressed controlz I set the order. once the buy stop was hit. It triggered another order and set up a target stop and sell stop target. It has happened before. This happened yesterday.
            On October 13 in your diagnostic files that you sent from the platform I only see manual order entries in your logs, no automated orders were submitted and no ATM strategies were used. I also see that hot keys were disabled so these orders could not have been submitted through hot keys.

In order to determine exactly what is going on in your case, we will need the answer to the following questions:
            • What instrument were you trading?
            • When did this most recently occur?
            • What Order ID was assigned to this order? You can check in the Executions or Orders tab of the Control Center.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
            14 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
            Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post gentlebenthebear