Market Analyzer Indicator columns don't populate with any information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer Indicator columns don't populate with any information

I keep trying Ninjatrader (8) than walking away because I just don't seem to have any luck getting the Market analyzer to work properly. The problem I have is I will load different stock symbols into the Market analyzer screen, I have a column for Last Price, Daily High, Bid Ask Spread, Daily low, and two RSI Columns .All of the columns load almost immediately with Information however the RSI columns on rare occasions load immediately, but most of the time they never load with the RSI information at all or at best they load very slowly and also update very slowly. Last week I tried it and it worked great just once, all of the RSI Information immediately loaded. Today i tried it and nothing! the columns stayed empty for the first half hour or so and than immediately some RSI information came in for a few of the symbols but the rest stayed empty. Last week I deleted the Historical data and it seemed to work well after that and I thought I had finally fixed the problem. I tired that again today and it didn't work.

My Broker is Interactive Brokers, Is this a problem related to IB's data not working well with Ninjatrader? Any help would be appreciated, I have tried everything with no luck.

Thanks

Hello zimminy,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please reply with an image of the settings you are using for your column? Please expand the window so that all of the indicator column properties are shown.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

You could post the image to your forum reply, or send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the image as an attachment. In the email please include a link to this forum thread.

We look forward to assisting you further.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ninja Screen.png
Views:	288
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1178622 Here is a screenshot of One of my RSI column settings. The other one has the same settings. I have tried changing all of the settings many times and the RSI information rarely populates the Symbols in the Market analyzer or if it does it is very slow to populate and very slow to update.

Comment

Hello zimminy,

Thank you for your post.

This may be the result of using the "On bar close" calculate option. In the indicator column properties, you can try changing the "Calculate" property to either "On Each Tick" or "On Price Change".

Please let us know if you continue to see the same behavior.
        Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay, Thank You, I will give those changes a try.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DanielSanMartin