Silver future.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver future.

When I try to load the future of silver with January expiration, it tells me that it cannot find it, when that future is listed.
    What is the problem?

Thanks.

Hello jalro

Thank you very much for your post.

The SIlver (SI) Futures contract does not have a January contract set by default and would rollover to the SI 03-22 contract on 11/25/2021.

Looking at the volume of the January contract versus the March contract as per CME's publicly available website (242 vs 2,729 at the time of this post) I suspect this is the reason this is not set up by default.

To add this expiration date, please click on Tools > Instruments, search for the "SI" Futures and click on "Edit".

After scrolling to the far bottom, please click on "Contracts Months: Rollovers" before manually adding a 01-21 contract month with the preferred rollover date.

Please know; you would also have to adjust the 03-21 rollover date, as the platform would otherwise suggest a rollover starting 11/25.

Should you have any further questions in this regard, please don't hesitate to let me know.

For more information on how to set contract months, please also visit our HelpGuide:

Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post CortexZenUSA  
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
    0 responses