Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new version of NT 8

I just got a message that there is a new version of NT8
    What are the pros and cons of downloading it now?

Hello iceman2020,

Thank you for your post. There are not any issues reported with the updated, using the current version ensure you are using the product with the most features and bug fixes applied. See below for the release notes on the update.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...l?8_0_25_0.htm

Please let me know if I may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just installed 8.0.26.0. I get a whole boatload of errors when compiling my strategies or the built in ones. Most of the errors refer to duplicate references. For example when I try to compile the built in sampleMAcrossover I get
      @Equivolume.cs The namespace 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.ChartStyles' already contains a definition for 'Equivolume' CS0101 13 15

are about 6-10 of these errors

What do I do?

Comment

One big con for me was that the install failed with some EdgeView nonsense (what is it, what is it good for, why would I want it?), then tried to roll back, but that failed too. I tried to reinstall the old version (8.25 or something) at first it installation seemed to succeed, but I could not start NT. It did not say anything, did not log anything, just failed to start. Had to remove everything, and start from scratch and now I am back on 25 where I started. So, maybe it's just not worth the effort.

Comment

Hello CHEIII,

Thank you for following up.

This Compile error message normally means that there are duplicate files or duplicate definitions for the same thing.

Please open the NinjaScript Editor and make it full screen.

Then click Compile and then take a screenshot of the orange error messages that are showing and include that in your response so we can provide specific steps for the different Compile Errors you are getting.
          • If you are unsure of how to take a screenshot, I recommend using the Windows Snipping tool.
          • Click on the Windows Icon at the bottom of your screen and type the word "Snip"
          • Click on the Snipping tool, click New, then click and drag around the area you want to screenshot
          • Click File > Save As > Save the screenshot where you can find it
          • Please click here for a video demonstration
          Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Titus. I uninstalled 8.0.26 and installed 8.0.25.0 (The only other onw listed on the download page), but I still get the same list of compilation errors. UGH!

Comment

Hello CHEIII,

Thank you for the update.

When you upgraded to Version 26, the compile errors were most likely already present before you updated, they just weren't in the way of anything you were doing.
              When you updated, it caused the platform to re-compile and generate a message to let you know the compile errors were there.

If NinjaTrader isn't opening:

Please and hold down the Ctrl (Control) key on your keyboard and click to open NinjaTrader. Keep the Ctrl key held down until you see the splash screen show the words "Safe Mode". This will cause the platform to start in safe mode and stabilize the platform.

From here close out of the platform and open it again like regular.
              • Does the platform open now?
              Once NinjaTrader is opening:

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
              • Open NinjaTrader
              • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
              • Right-click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
              • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)
              • If you are unsure of how to take a screenshot, I recommend using the Windows Snipping tool.
              • Click on the Windows Icon at the bottom of your screen and type the word "Snip"
              • Click on the Snipping tool, click New, then click and drag around the area you want to screenshot
              • Click File > Save As > Save the screenshot where you can find it

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_Clayton; 05-11-2022, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Clayton, Attached is my screen shot.
                thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

"When you upgraded to Version 26, the compile errors were most likely already present before you updated, they just weren't in the way of anything you were doing."

Actually, my own strategy which I compile many times per day is giving the same error messages. When uninstalled 26 and downloaded and installed 25, I got the same error messages.

Comment

Hello CHEIII,

Please use the following steps to see if there are duplicate files in the Chart Styles folder:
                    • Close NinjaTrader
                    • Go to the Documents Folder > NinjaTrader 8 > bin > Custom > ChartStyles
                    • Look for any files with a duplicate or copy and remove the duplicate/copy
                    • Once all duplicates/copies are gone, reopen NinjaTrader and Compile again.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	LT464a.png
Views:	373
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	1200857

If you remove all of the Compile errors that were showing in your screenshot and a new error message appears, please send us an updated screenshot so we may provide the specific steps to resolve the Compile errors.

Comment

No duplicates found. See attached
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello CHEIII,

The location provided is the place we would expect the Chart Style files to be located.

Since they were not there, this would mean they are located elsewhere.

If you perform the following steps and are still unable to find and remove the duplicate files, please write in to Platform Support directly so we can schedule a remote support call to look for the duplicate files together.
                        • Close NinjaTrader
                        • Go to the Documents Folder > NinjaTrader 8
                        • Search for one of the things mentioned in the Compile Error, for example "boxstyle"
                        • If there are multiple results, right-click each and select "Open File Location"
                        • Once you find the duplicate files that are not in the location that we checked in the last step, remove them
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	LT465a.png
Views:	395
Size:	719.1 KB
ID:	1200887

If you perform all of the steps above and are still unable to find the duplicate file, please use the steps below to write into Platform Support directly with your Log and Trace files so we may schedule a call to look at this behavior together.
                        • Go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support
                        • Enter your email
                        • Enter the Subject as "Clayton ATTN ##REQUESTID##"
                        • Expand the "Other files" section
                        • Check the following boxes:
                        • Log and Trace files
                        • Send the message

Comment

Hello, Is there a video that shows step by step how to upgrade NT8 to new version? Seems there may be issues if not done correctly. Thanks

Comment

Hello designer01,

Thank you for writing in.

Normally the process to update NinjaTrader is a simple process that just involves downloading a file and running an installer/updater.

Please follow along with the video I made below to demonstrate the process:
                            Here are the fundamental steps I took in my video, I just provided extra details along the way:
                            • Go to the Control Center > Help > License key > Right-click and copy this > Click Cancel
                            • Go to the Control Center > Help > Click 'Download'
                            • Paste your license key into the box that appears and click 'Submit'
                            • Click the big Download button
                            • Close the NinjaTrader platform
                            • Once downloaded, click on the file to run the update installer
                            • Click Next through the installer until it is finished
                            • The Platform has now been updated

Comment

Hi Clayton, Do I have to backup and uninstall the previous version or install on top the new one?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post wzgy0920  
                              Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post wzgy0920