Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price discrepancy after US open

Hi
    More often now I am facing a huge price discrepancy between what's being shown on the chart and the basic entry. This happens mostly after the US opens. All of ETH is pretty much good. Any idea on what's causing this? I have got 25% charts showing TPO and rest all just %,support/resistance indicators and ichi clouds? Mine is NT8 by the way

Hello xrashex,

Thank you for your inquiry.

From what you are describing, it sounds like you are experiencing a 'chart rendering delay'. This can occur when the amount of incoming data paired with your workspace complexity/PC capabilities causes NinjaTrader charts to fall behind real-time data. It can become especially prominent around the open because of the amount of volatility and increase in volume that occurs at the open. Resolving this involves optimizing and changing your workspace for use with your PC environment. A great way to test this is to see if you experience this discrepancy when you operating the platform in Safe Mode.

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
    • Loading workspaces.
    • Connecting on start-up.
    • Loading custom assemblies.
    • Getting instrument updates from the server.
    To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
    • Exit NinjaTrader.
    • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
    • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
    • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
    Once you have opened the platform in safe mode:
    • Reconnect to your data provider from the 'Connections' menu
    • Please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates, and a Basic Entry window and test for issues.
      • Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled. If you have a workspace already named "Untitled," however, you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise, it will overwrite it.
    Do you experience this is discrepancy on a basic chart in Safe Mode?

I look forward to your reply.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

When I restart NT8 this issue doesn't come back up for a while and then back to usual. I tried it in Safemode with no indicator for short time now and dint find any issues. But probably will need to do this for a day to test for a similar issue.

Comment

Hello xrashex,

Thank you for your reply.

If you are not noticing it on your platform when you are using Safe Mode but the behavior returns with your saved workspace, it is most certainly the rendering delay that I am describing. This may either be due to running complex or poorly designed third party indicators or because of the overall complexity of your workspace is simply too much for your PC to handle when there is increased volatility. I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator and element at a time and testing for the issue after adding each component. While rebuilding, please make sure to implement our Performance Tips to ensure that your workspace is properly optimized.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the quick response.Much appreciated

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
          Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM