Ninjascript editor crashes intermittently - stability issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjascript editor crashes intermittently - stability issue

I have been using the Ninjascript editor frequently over the last couple months. I have found a stability issue that causes the platform to crash rather frequently. When it crashes, I lose the NT editor window and all the other windows lose their window borders. NT then rapid fire spawns additional Ninjatrader processes. It usually gets to over 90 processes before I can kill the NT platform in the task manager.

I have found that issues I am having with the platform crashing are related to the Ninjascript editor and more consistently to the use of the find/replace window. It does not always crash and I am unsure if the find/replace is the only operation that causes a crash. However, after many, many crashes (50+), this seems to be the best method to repeat the issue.

To repeat this issue, I suggest picking a sample indicator and then doing a number of replace all operations to change the names of parameters.

One other note, my indicator is referencing another class file where I track lists of points of interest and methods to find and manage those points. While the class code compiles and works fine, it is a nuance of the code I am writing. I have not gone back to see if find/replace on a simple single file indicator is more stable.

Hello JeffCO7,

Thanks for your post.

We would really need an exact procedure to follow to reproduce the issue and better understand what is happening.

Please first confirm if this is reproducible with a Clean Environment. (Instruction included at the end of this post)

If the issue is reproducible here, please outline exact steps to follow. If you have video recording software, recording a video of just the steps that are needed to reproduce can be helpful.

I have attempted:

1. Creating a copy of SMA
    2. Compiling
    3. Performing Find and Replace on "priorSum" to change the name
    4. Repeat Step 3

I have not been able to notice any issues testing this procedure.

Clean Environment Test:

Creating a clean environment can be done by following the steps below:
    1. Close NinjaTrader 8, and rename the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents to something like: "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" Do not delete this folder.
    2. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel
    3. Delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8 folder
    4. Reinstall using the installer from http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    5. Test to reproduce the issue, and note exact steps needed to reproduce the issue
    If you ever need to switch back to your original platform, you may do so by closing NinjaTrader and swapping the platform folder names.

For example, Close NinjaTrader and rename the new "NinjaTrader 8" folder to "NinjaTrader 8 NEW" and the "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" folder to "NinjaTrader 8." Then restart the platform. Simply put: NinjaTrader 8 will always load the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents.

We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post FrancisMorro  
    Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM