Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why does NT7 load market data a lot easier than NT8

Hi,

It normally takes me seconds to load historical data for IB servers to NT7 but it takes me minutes to do so on NT8. Today, it's taken 90 mins and i'm still waiting.

Regards

Kay Wai

Hello kaywai,

Thank you for your message.

Let's first make sure that you are using the correct version of TWS/IB Gateway supported with NinjaTrader 8. To properly receive data and make trades through IB using NinjaTrader 8, you will need to use TWS version 985.1g or IB Gateway 983.1c, which may be downloaded directly from our IB Connection Guide linked below:

NinjaTrader — Interactive Brokers Connection Guide

Once you have downloaded the updated version of TWS/IB Gateway required to work with IB in NinjaTrader, continue to follow along with that Connection Guide to ensure that everything is set up and enabled for the two programs to communicate and work correctly with one another.

Using NinjaTrader 8 with any other version of the IB platform will result in unexpected behavior as these versions are not officially supported. Your IB software will also refrain from automatically updating when downloaded from our Connection Guide.

If you continue to experience long loading times on your chart, you may be hitting a Pacing Violation through IB's servers, which is a limitation on their end regarding how much historical data you can request from their servers at a time.

Please let me know the results of this test. I look forward to your response.
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Justin,

I've been using 978.2c since April and this is the observation I've had.

I switched to 985.1g today and I'm still experiencing the same issue.

My NT8 version is 8.0.25.0

There are good things about NT8 but initial data loading on connection is not one of them.

Regards
      Kay Wai

Comment

Hello kaywai,

Thank you for your response.

Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post so we can look into this behavior further. In your response, please also include 'ATTN Justin' in the subject line so it arrives in my inbox.

Follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
        • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
        Thank you in advance for these files. I look forward to assisting you further. 
        Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Justin,

Emily is looking into the issue I'm experiencing today. NT8 is not able to get data from IB at all today while I have no issues with NT7 whether I'm using 978.2c or 985.1g. And while she is looking into it, I also wanted to find out why NT7 loads data much quicker than NT8.

I will send you the log probably tomorrow evening, hoping my issues of today are resolved.

Regards
          Kay Wai

Comment

Hi Justin,

I'm struggling to load market data on NT8. It's been 22 mins since I reconnected with TWS 985.1g. I'm also running NT8.0.25.0 64 bit

Have just emailed the log and trace to you.

Can you please help?

Regards
            Kay Wai

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM